Bird Nest Candy Decoration
Use candy to make festive Spring or Easter crafts to decorate your home or table. The bird nest candy decoration is so easy to make, and even the kids can get involved!
- Mini bird's nest, approx. 4.5 inches wide
- Glue gun and glue
- Spanish Moss
- Artificial roses and leaves
- Mini bird
- Egg shaped candy
- Buy a little bird's nest, approx. 4.5 inches wide, from a craft store.
- Use a low-temp hot glue gun and glue just enough Spanish moss to cover the bottom and sides of the nest.
- Cut small roses and leaves from artificial flower "scraps" and hot glue them on the edge of the nest.
- Nestle and hot glue a little bird on top of the flowers.
- You can fill the nest with whatever "egg shaped" candy you want, however, I chose Brach's fruit flavored speckled jelly beans. It makes a nice presentation and I think any gal hosting an Easter dinner would be happy to set this little bird on her table.
Some examples of egg shaped candy:
- Speckled Jelly Beans
- Foil Wrapped Chocolate Eggs
- Speckled Robin Eggs (Malted Milk Balls)
*TIP: If you can't find nests at your craft store, you can always buy a small, natural wreath. Just trace a circle (a plastic lid works great) onto
STIFF felt, cut it out, then hot glue it under the bottom of the wreath.
Read NextEgg Fabric Bunnies