Feather and Bead Earrings
Homemade earring designs have never been so trendy! Use feathers, beads and chains to create a cool and hop accessory. Feather and Bead Earrings by Linda Peterson can go with any outfit and take just a short time to make.
- Guinea feathers – any color (I purchased a hair clip with lots of feathers)
- Chain in length of choice
- Earring wire
- Jump rings
- Black tear drop beads in size of choice
- 24 gauge Artistic Wire in non-tarnish silver
- Jewelry pliers
- Round nose pliers
- Jewelry wire cutters
- Remove feather(s) from chain. If using purchased feathers, attach a fold-over crimp bead to the feather.
- Cut piece of wire approximately 2-1/2″ – 3″ in length. Slide wire through the hole on the teardrop bead.
- Move bead to about 1/2″ from one end and bend ends of wires upwards. Hold the jewelry pliers where the bead and wires meet. Twist bead several times.
- Snip off shorter wire right above the wire twist.
- Place the concave round nose pliers right above the twist to create a wire loop right above the bead. Wrap the excess wire several times around the twist right above the bead.
- Cut off excess wire. You will now have a bead drop with a wire loop at the top.
- Attach feathers, chain and beaded dangle together with a jump ring. Attach ensemble to earring wire.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make Polka Dot Feather Earrings.
Read NextSassy Hot Pink Earrings