Sew Perfect Mending Box
From the Designer: "We all have a bit of mending to do…..either a button that needs to be sewn back on (if we were lucky in catching it before it fell off….smile)……have needles and several spools of different colors of thread and a small pair of scissors handy is good. Having it in a lovely container is even better! Since Arnold Grummer not only promoted making paper but also encouraged using things instead of tossing them…..I am happy to follow his lead."
- Empty large frozen pizza box (inside is tan chipboard)
- Scraps of glossy black card stock to die cut ( I used the backing from some embossing folders packaging)
- Dies: Tonic Studios™ “Patchwork Perfection” #1186E Vineyard Squares and 1185E Everyday Squares and layering squares
- Decorative hatpins or corsage pins for the top of the box
- Needles, small spools of thread, small pair of scissors, tape measure
- Tonic Craft Tacky Glue™
- ½” 3” square tan foam for pin cushion
- Tonic Supper Trimmer #153E and scissors
- Ruler. pencil
- Tonic Studios™ Tangerine die cutting and embossing machine
Measure, mark and cut the pizza box to create a 3 ¼” cube box top and bottom (the lid should be an 1/8” larger than the bottom.
Center, tape and cut one of the layering squares onto the top of the box lid.
Construct the box bottom and top (lid).
Die cut all 4 of the designs from the Patchwork Perfect Vineyard Squares set and the filigree die from the Everyday Squares set from the glossy black card stock.
Attach the die cuts to the sides and top of the box top.
Glue the tan foam to the inside top of the box top (it will be the pin cushion).
Place the small pair of scissors, tape measure, needles and spools of thread into the box.