Tassel and Trim DIY Throw Pillow
DIY pillow ideas like this are classic and elegant.
Add tassels and trim to your DIY throw pillows to take them up a notch. If your living room couch or entryway armchair could use a new pillow, or if the pillow you already have could use some sprucing up, consider trying out this darling project. Tassels are so trendy and add a special detail to your projects. By adding layers of lovely trip to the front of the pillow, you really make it into something special! Best of all, this is a no sew pillow. Or rather, it takes very little sewing. You only have to hand stitch on the tassels! This project shouldn't take you long at all, and your pillow will look all the lovelier because of it.
Be sure to ENTER TO WIN the DIY Pom Pom Tassel Maker to use while making this project! Leave a comment on this page and you will receive a bonus entry. Don't miss the grand prize giveaway including one of each prize featured in the 12 Days of Christmas!
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueNo Sew Project
Project TypeMake a Project
- Selection of Simplicity® fashion trims
- Boye® Pom Pom Tassel Maker
- Purchased throw pillow
- 1 skein coordinating yarn
- Fabric glue
- Hand sewing needle and matching thread
Arrange the trims as desired on the front side of your pillow. Pin in place.
Use fabric glue to secure the trims in place.
Use the Pom Pom Tassel Maker and yarn to create four tassels in your choice of size.
Secure the tassels to the pillow corners with a hand sewing needle and thread.
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of December 26th, 2017.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until December 24th, 2017 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
What projects would you add tassels to?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Decorating Ideas"
Find hundreds of free decorative craft ideas. These are some clever ideas for DIY home decor! Decorate your house for less with home decor craft projects like bedroom decor craft projects, office ideas, and more.
Sign Up for Free Crafts