This adorable ark from AMACO bursting with animals is made from pliable plastic and is a great addition to a kid's room.
- (1) 1½" x 7" Friendly Plastic® Stick Each Of: Metallic Solid Red/Red (rainbow stripe)
- Metallic Solid Burnt Orange/Black (rainbow stripe)
- Metallic Solid Gold/Black (rainbow stripe/ark)
- Metallic Solid Green/Blue (rainbow stripe, leaves in bird’s beak)
- Metallic Solid Royal Blue/Black (rainbow stripe/waves)
- Metallic Solid Fuchsia/Black (rainbow stripe)
- Metallic Solid Black/Black (ark door/whale)
- Metallic Solid Indian Red/Black (ark roof)
- Metallic Solid Copper/Black (lion’s mane)
- Metallic Solid Brown/Black (ark bottom)
- Metallic Solid Pewter/Black (elephant)
- Metallic Print Cobra Gold/Black (giraffe)
- Primary White (cloud, bird)
- E-6000 Glue
- Acrylic Paint for zebra stripes, animal eyes, lion face
- Permanent Marker for lines on ark
- AMACO® All-Purpose Sealer
- Large Pin Back
- Electric Skillet
- Using cut-out pattern, cut out pieces for ark, animals, cloud and water from the Friendly Plastic®. Cut narrow strips for rainbow. Use colors listed or select your own.
- Bond pieces together by softening any two in warm water until tacky then press firmly together. Repeat this process until all animals and ark pieces are bonded together like the drawing. Soften thin color strips in warm water one at a time. Bend to form rainbow and bond together as described above.
- Glue and assemble all pieces. Paint zebra stripes, animal eyes and lion face with acrylic paint. Let dry. Detail markings on ark with permanent marker and allow to dry.
- Glue pin back on back.
- Apply AMACO® All-Purpose Sealer to seal paint and add glossy shine.
Read NextChristmas in a Jar