Labra-Door DIY Floor Mat
You'll be barking up the right tree with your DIY home decor when you make this Labra-Door DIY Floor Mat. Dog-lovers will adore this DIY home decoration tutorial that will show you how to stencil on a floor mat as a quick and simple painting craft. You may rarely think of updating your floor mat in front of your door when it comes to DIY home decor ideas, but this project will welcome in your guests with wagging tails and maybe a little slobber.
For more great home decor craft projects from Stencil Ease®, check out 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas.
- Stencil Ease® 6 inch Labrador Basic Stencil
- Stencil Ease® Repositionable Adhesive Spray
- Ikea® SINDAL Door Mat, Natural
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint, White Wash
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint, Black
- Shurtape Technologies LLC Frog Tape®
- Stencil Ease® Double-Ended Stencil Brush, White Bristle
- Paper Towels
- 2 Paper or Plastic Plates
- Spray the back of the Stencil Ease® Labrador Basic Stencil very lightly with the Stencil Ease® Repositionable Adhesive Spray and let the adhesive dry.
- Position the stencil onto the Ikea® SINDAL Natural Door Mat making sure to keep it aligned with the edge of the mat.
- Pour some of the DecoArt® Americana® White Wash Acrylic Paint onto one plate and some of the DecoArt® Americana® Black Acrylic Paint onto the other plate.
- Load your Stencil Ease® Double-Ended Stencil Brush with White Wash DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint and then swirl the brush onto your paper towel until it seems like all of the paint is removed. This creates a dry brush and leaves the perfect amount of paint on your bristles. Using a dry brush prevents paint from seeping under the cut-outs of the stencil. This part of the process is essential if you would like clean/ crisp lines when you lift your stencil. Repeat this when you load the other end of the brush with the Black DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint.
- Swirl over the stencil cut-outs onto the mat to apply the paint. Be sure to hold the stencil down so it doesn’t move around.
- You can immediately remove the stencil.
- Repeat this process until you have completed as many of the Labradors as desired.
- Tape your desired border off with the Frog Tape® and make sure it is even all the way around.
- Apply the DecoArt® Americana® Black Acrylic Paint in short straight strokes following along the tape. Be sure to hold the tape as the mat is fibrous and the paint will not stick like it does to a flat clean surface.
- Remove tape and allow to dry completely overnight.
For more information about Stencil Ease® or to purchase Stencil Ease® products, please visit www.stencilease.com.
Read NextIlluminating Cake Stand