Fabric Heart Collage
Embellish colorful fabric swatches with Crafty Chica iron-on transfers and glitter. This project from Crafty Chica, Kathy Cano-Murillo and from I Love to Create would look great hanging on one of your kitchen walls. It creates a kind of vintage look.
- Crafty Chica™ Extreme Embellishment Glue™
- Crafty Chica™ Iron-On Transfers™
- Milagro Heart Flocked Transfer
- Crafty Chica™ Chunky Glitters™
- 25693 Bollywood Blue
- 25695 Popstar Purple
- 25696 Goddess Gold
- Trims – yarn, sequins – contrasting colors
- Measuring tape
- Pressing cloth
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
- Fabric swatches – contrasting colors
- Paintbrush – liner
- Cut a 9” x 6” piece of fabric and use a sewing machine or needle and thread to hem the edges.
- Place fabric piece on a hard surface and place Milagro Heart Iron-On Transfer centered on fabric. Cover with pressing cloth. Following package instructions, iron Milagro Heart transfer onto fabric.
- Cut another piece of fabric that’s 11” x 7” and hem the edges.
- Sew the smaller piece of fabric with Milagro Heart design in the center of the larger piece of fabric.
- Sew yarn and sequin trims around the edges of fabric swatch, then sew loops that hang off the bottom edge of the collage to create fringe.
- Stitch a long strand of yarn around sides and top to create a hanger for fabric piece.
- Pour a puddle of glue onto a piece of foil. Using a small liner paintbrush, brush glue onto crown of heart then immediately sprinkle Goddess Gold glitter onto glue. Let dry then shake off excess glitter.
- Repeat step for glittering other sections of heart. Refer to photo. Let dry.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.