Color Block Craft Table and Accessories
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "Having a workspace that inspires creativity and keeps all your craft supplies organized can really make your crafting and art making time efficient and fun. I made this large worktable out of a piece of plywood and Plexiglass with squares of Fairfield Oly Fun Craft Material in between for a modern color block look. The layers are all held together with office supply binder clips.
The center support of the worktable is a stack of recycled books! The coordinating desk accessories were embellished with all different types of paint and foil. The stemware glass balls were painted with Testors paint. The glasses were painted with Design Master's Tint It and Uber Matte paint. The jewelry box was given a new look with Plaid's Ceramcoat Chalk Ultra Matte Acrylic paint. The little square plates were embellished with Therm-O-Web Deco Foil scissors. The little plastic animals were colored silver with the Testors Enamel Paint Marker. And since I plan on spending a lot of time at my new craft table coloring in books like Leisure Arts' Art of Coloring Mandalas I sewed a new cushion for the vintage stool and embellished it with a Simplicity Superman Applique."
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Project TypeMake a Project
- Fairfield Oly Fun Craft Material
- Plaid's Ceramcoat Chalk Ultra Matte Acrylic paint
- Testors paint
- Design Master's Tint It and Uber Matte paint
- Therm-O-Web Deco Foil
- Leisure Arts Art of Coloring Mandalas
- Simplicity Superman Applique
- Plywood, Plexiglass, and binderclips
- Recycled books
- Fabric, pillow, ribbon
Lay out your squares of Fairfield Oly Fun Craft Material on your plywood.
Place your Plexiglass over the table and secure with binderclips.
Stack books in the center of your work table if you need more support.
To make color blocked upcycle glasses paint with a variety of Design Master paints.
To upcycle an old jewelry box paint each drawer with a different color of Plaid's Ceramcoat Chalk Ultra Matte Acrylic paint.
To upcycle little plates with scissor images die cut Therm-o-Web adhesive sheets and apply Deco Foil to the adhesive sheets.
To add little coordinating silver animals to the scissor plates use a Testors silver paint pen.
To embellish ball shaped stemware paint each ball with a different color of Testors paint.
Sew a slip cover pillow with ribbons on each corner. Iron on a Simplicity Superman applique and tie it to the stool.
Sit on your comfy stool and color your Leisure Arts Art of Coloring Mandalas coloring book.
One of the fun things about this color block craft table is that since it isn't permanently secured you can swap out the color blocks anytime!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Upcycled Football Vase
- Tassel Earrings
- Valentine's day wall decorations
- Recycled Wine Glass Planters
- Chic Valentine Decor
- How to Sew an Eyeglass Case with a Pocket
- How to Store Craft Supplies + Craft Room Storage Ideas
- DIY Valentines Day Wreath
- How to Choose the Correct Sewing Thread
- 21 Crepe Paper and Tissue Paper Crafts
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home