Stenciled Canvas Zipper Pouch
Visit Helen at Crafting Goodness.
Hit the town with a Stenciled Canvas Zipper Pouch and keep your valuables close at hand. Follow these clutch purse instructions and find out how easy it is to design your own DIY accessories. When you carry this bag, you won't get caught matching anyone else. Canvas can be pretty boring to look at, but the fun embellishments and unexpected design make it a true standout.
You can find this project, as well as many other fabulous blogger projects, in our new eBook, The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014: Decoupage, Sewing, Jewelry Making, and More free eBook. Download your own free copy today!
- FolkArt Handmade Charlotte Stencils - Garden
- Coats & Clark 7 inch Fashion zipper
- Light canvas or cotton fabric
- Folk Art Fabric Paints in Night Star and Blue Topaz
- Sewing machine
- Scratch paper (for pattern)
- Stencil brush
- Wash the fabric to remove the sizing. Dry and iron.
- Press the chosen stencil onto the fabric, place on the work surface. Paint the stencil using black and blue paint as shown. Set aside until dry.
- Cut two pieces of fabric 7.5" X 5.5" in size with one piece having the stenciled motif in the middle (refer to the photo as a guide for placement). Place the top edges of one piece of fabric and the zipper right sides together and pin. Stitch the zipper to attach. Repeat with the second piece of fabric.
- Press the seam on the right side and then stitch a line of stitching close to the fabric edge to create a flat seam.
- Fold so the right sides are together and pin the three unfinished edges together using a 0.5" hem. Make sure the zipper is open. Sew around all three sides.
- Turn the pouch through the zipper opening and press flat to finish the seams. Hand sew around the zipper ends if necessary to neaten the seams.