Musical Roses Tissue Box
This fabulous crocheted tissue box from Roseanna Beck is perfect for any music lover. It looks like a piano with it's musical keys and the embellished roses are just gorgeous. Free crochet patterns like this one are fantastic to give to any music lover. They also make great gifts for music teachers or private instructors. This project is a great challenge for crochet fans of almost all skill levels.
- 1 skein 4-ply Red Heart yarn in white
- 1 skein 4-ply Red Heart yarn in red
- 1 skein 4-ply Red Heart yarn in black
- 20 yds. DMC Thread No. 415 (grey)
- Black thread
- Small Needle
- 4 small silk rose buds with leaves
- Size G crochet hook or size needed for guage
- Tapestry Needle
- Boutique Tissue Box
- Stitch Guide
GAUGE: 4 rows – 1”...5 sc – 1 ½”
Sides (Make 4)
Row 1 –With black ch 16, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, ch 1 and turn. (15 sc)
Row 2 – Sc in each sc across, fasten off and turn.
Row 3 – With white sc in each sc across, ch 1 and turn.
Rows 4-15 – Rep Row 3.
Row 16 – Rep Row 3, fasten off and turn.
Row 17 – With red sc in each sc across, ch 1 and turn.
Row 18 – Rep Row 17.
- Row 19 – Rep Row 17 and fasten off.
Piano Keys (Make 5 for each side)
- With black ch 8. With black thread sew “keys” as shown diagram. With grey DMC thread backstitch between “keys” as shown on diagram.
Row 1 – With black ch 16, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, ch 1 and turn. (15 sc)
Rows 2-8 – Sc in each sc across, ch 1 and turn.
Row 9 – Work 1 sc in each of the first 3 sc, ch 9 (tissue opening), skip 9 sc, work 1 sc in each of the last 3 sc, ch 1 and turn.
Row 10 – Work 1 sc in each of the first 3 sc, work 1 sc in each ch, work 1 sc in each of the last 3 sc, ch 1 and turn. (15 sc)
Row 11-15 – Rep Row 2.
- Row 16 – Rep Row 2 and fasten off.
Whipstitch sides together with corresponding yarn color. With black whipstitch top to sides.
- Sew 1 silk rose bud with leaves to each side.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Crochet"
View our collection of 100s of free crochet patterns and crochet craft projects! You'll find everything from beautiful beginner crochet projects to crochet dishcloth patterns to crochet baby blankets. It's all here, just waiting for you to discover. Happy crocheting!
Sign Up for More Free Projects