Misty Sunrise Shawl
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Misty Sunrise Shawl is reminiscent of cool autumn foggy city mornings when sunshine works its way through thick layers of mist resulting in a milky white and yellow mixture on the background of urban scenery. The two colours in the shawl are combined using stitches and sequences to highlight each colour and their combination to create an effect comparable with the natural spectacle. The shawl is made using Tunisian crochet technique. It is a medium size shawl that is a great layering option for colder weather. The Misty Sunrise Shawl is worked flat, RS facing from right to left. The shawl starts in the middle of the wingspan and expands to the left, right, increasing in width with each consecutive row. Each row has an increase of 4 stitches (lps). The stitch count refers to the number of lps on hook on FP. Blocking the shawl is essential for this project as it opens up lace stitches and highlights each individual stitch pattern. "
Crochet Hook4.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(1) Super Fine (27-32 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeBlocked Gauge:
17.5 sts x 20 rows = 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 in) over tks
Finished SizeThe final shawl measurements (blocked): Wingspan 137 cm x 68.5 cm (approx. 54 x 27 in)
- The Urban Purl Merino Singles (100% Superwash Merino Wool, | Sock/ Fingering | 100 g (3.5 oz) = 366 m (400 yds)), Celtic Torc (A) 1 skein, Urban Sprawl (B) 1 skein
- Tunisian crochet hook size 4.5 mm (US size 7) with cable (at least 100 cm (39.5 in)) or size to obtain the gauge
- Tapestry needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
This great kitchen canister set is just like Martha's! Keep all your food organized with this easy kitchen craft. These Martha… Continue reading: "Martha Stewart Knockoff Canisters"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cross Puff Stitch Crochet Square
- Diy Fleece Tie Blanket
- Diamond Quilt C2c Graphgan
- Bearrison Bear
- Slithering Shawl
- Free Alphabet Bingo Printable Game For Kids
- Shamrock Pillow
- K'nex DIY Easter Cross
- Stenciled Treat and Dog Leash Holder
- Jolly Beanie
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home