We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Ebun Hat is the perfect addition to the Ebun Cowl for those who love matching sets and it would also make a beautiful gift set. Moreover, both items can be worked up in a few evenings making it a great option for last moment presents. The hat is available in one size and would fit most adults. The Ebun Hat is worked flat, RS facing from right to left, and assembled using the Locking Mattress Stitch along the short sides of the project. The ribbing is worked in two parts; first half is worked continuously from the foundation cord till Row 10. The project is then placed RS down and another 9 rows of ribbing are worked from the other side of foundation cord, followed by the colourwork section to the top of the hat. Ribbing is made using smaller hook, while the main body of the hat is made using larger hook. In the stranded colourwork (the background colour is carried over and wrapped around the pattern colour every 2-3 stitches to avoid loose floats. It is important to keep the passive yarn taut but not too tight to avoid distorting the diamond pattern), use colour A for tks and colour B for tss (EXCEPT for Rows 40-41, which are in worked colour A). This combination gives the final project a distinct texture. Both Edge Stitches are worked in colour A. "
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook, I/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeBlocked Gauge:
5.5 (I/9) mm hook: 19 sts x 15 rows = 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 in) over st pattern
5 (H/8) mm hook: 19 sts x 15 rows= 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 in) over ribbing pattern
Finished SizeThe final cowl measurements (blocked): 51.5 x 28 cm (when ribbing is not folded or 21 cm with folded ribbing) cm (approx. 20.75 in x 11.25 in (when ribbing is not folded or 8.5 in with folded ribbing))
- Expression Fiber Arts North DK (66% Extra Fine Merino Wool, 34% Pima Cotton | DK | 100 g (3.5 oz) = 241 m (264 yds)), Anchorage (A) 1 skein, Kenai (B) 1 skein
- Tunisian crochet hook size 5 (H/8) and 5.5 (I/9) mm with cable (at least 40 cm (16 in)) or size to obtain the gauge
- 9.5 cm Pompom (Schachenmayr in Burgundy)
- Tapestry needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
"A gathered waist dress pattern is the perfect clothing item for summer! Fun and easy to sew, this women's summer dress pattern and… Continue reading: "Gathered Waist Summer Dress Pattern"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Haylee Hand Towel
- Spaghetti Strap Top Pattern
- Teeny Tiny Mini Zipper Pouch Keyring
- Tiered Spring Mini Dress
- Free Little Black Dress Pattern
- Honey Chocolate Cowl
- C2c Jaguar
- Mirror Sparkle Ornament
- Classic Striped Dish Towel
- Crochet Wave Stitch Afghan Pattern
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home