18" C2c Alphabet Square
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"I wanted an “X” and “O” pillow to decorate my home for Valentine’s Day this year. I have tons of decorations for other holidays, but surprisingly only two items for Valentine’s Day (that you see in the photos, hehe), so I thought I’d add in some pillows as those are my favorite thing to make. This pattern is just showing how to make the 18” square, and while I’m creating throw pillows with mine, you can: use them as afghan squares and sew a bunch together to make a blanket or a small rug, string the square up on a dowel and use as a wall hanging, use the square as a doily on a table, use the square as the star of the show of a cardigan or top, etc! I used Red Heart Super Saver for mine but I also like Caron One Pound and Bernat Super Value for home projects - the letter "O" took 245 yards, and the "X" took 280 yards. While the overall gauge isn’t important, it is important that the gauge for both yarns that you use are the same. I had to use an H8/5mm for my Soft White, and I9/5.5mm for my Buff. The letter "X" took me just over 4 hours to complete. "
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge5 Boxes = 4.25″ Wide by 4.13″ Tall
Finished Size18" Square
- 300ish Yards Total of Worsted Weight Yarn – I used Red Heart’s Super Saver in Buff and Soft White
- H8/5mm Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
"So, if you havent guessed, I decided to use the Ava yarn from Classic Elite Yarns. Its a beautiful metallic silver yarn a blend of… Continue reading: "Simple Shells Light Wrap Crochet Pattern"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cross Puff Stitch Crochet Square
- Diy Fleece Tie Blanket
- Diamond Quilt C2c Graphgan
- Bearrison Bear
- Slithering Shawl
- Free Alphabet Bingo Printable Game For Kids
- Shamrock Pillow
- K'nex DIY Easter Cross
- Stenciled Treat and Dog Leash Holder
- Jolly Beanie
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home