Beginner Crochet Posy Scarf
The best part about this free crochet pattern is that it's very easy to do! If you're a beginner crocheter, the posy scarf is the project for you. Colorful posies adorn this beautiful scarf to keep you cheery all through the winter.
- H crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- Caron International's Simply Soft 1 skein color #9727 Black;
- Caron International's Simply Soft Brites--1 skein ea # 9604 Watermelon, #9606 Lemonade, #9607 Limelight, #9610 Grape and #9605 Mango;
Net stitch, flowers
- Chain 35.
- Row 1: Turn. Ch 5. Skip 2 ch’s of base ch. *sc in next st, ch 5, skip next 3 ch’s* Repeat between *’s across, ending with sc.
- Row 2: Turn. Ch 5. *Sc over center (not through a stitch) of ch-5, skip next sc, ch 5.* Rep bet *’s across, ending with sc over the turning ch.
- Repeat Row 2 until piece meas 48”. End off
Make 5 each of the following 3 combinations:
- Flower 1: Color 1: Lemonade, Color 2: Mango, Color 3: Grape
- Flower 2: Color 1: Watermelon, Color 2: Lemonade, Color 3: Limelight
- Flower 3: Color 1: Mango, Color 2: Grape, Color 3: Watermelon
Use G hook.
Rnd 1: With color 1, ch 4; join with a sl st to form ring.
Rnd 2: Ch 4 (counts as sc + ch-2), in ring (dc, ch 2) 7 times; join with sl st in 2nd ch of beg ch-4 – 8 ch-2 sps.
Rnd 3: Change to color 2. In each dh-2 sp (sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc); turn. (Next paragraph is the same as on the photocopy, but when it refers to the dc from Rnd 2, change to the sc from Rnd 2.
Rnd 4: Change to color 3. Sl st under first and last threads (incomplete V) just below last st from Rnd 3. (Ch 3, sl under next V) 7 times, ch 3, sl under first incomplete V a second time; turn.
Rnd 5: In each ch-3 lp (sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc) around. End off.
Scatter flowers along net and sew down randomly but evenly. Make 8” fringe across both ends.
Read NextMoss Stitch Crochet Scarf Pattern