Not Quite Slouchy Crochet Hat Pattern
"This unisex hat is loose fitting but not quite a slouchy hat. The changing stitch pattern adds nice detail to the finished hat. This hat is one of 15 free crochet patterns by 15 designers as part of the Holiday Stashdown Crochet-a-long 2015."
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeThrough Rnd 4 in pattern = 4.5 (11.4 cm). For best fit, always check your gauge.
Finished SizeInfant (Toddler, Child, Adult).
- Approximately 80 yd/73.2 m (160 yd/146 m, 165 yd/151 m, 175 yd/160 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- Infant sample in Lion Brand Heartland (100% acrylic, 5 oz/142 g, 251 yd/230 m) in 169 Shenandoah.
- Toddler sample in Lion Brand Heartland (100% acrylic, 5 oz/142 g, 251 yd/230 m) in 174 Joshua Tree (main color) and 169 Shenandoah.
- Child sample in Lion Brand Vannas Choice (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g, 170 yd/156 m) in 109 Colonial Blue.
- Adult sample in Lion Brand Landscapes (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g, 147 yd/134 m) in 144 Amethyst.
- US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Stitch marker or scrap yarn (optional).
Finished Sizes Infant: 13.25 (33.5 cm) circumference x 5 (12.7 cm) height. Toddler: 17.25 (43.8 cm) circumference x 7 (17.8 cm) height. Child: 19.5 (49.5 cm) circumference x 7.5 (19 cm) height. Adult: 22 (56 cm) circumference x 8 (20.25 cm) height.
Read NextFlirty 50s Scalloped Crocheted Hat