New England Crocheted Hand Warmers
Keep your hands warm and your fingers mobile with these New England Crocheted Hand Warmers. Perfect for wearing year-round, these fingerless gloves are perfect for a cool office or a fall walk through the woods. These crocheted fingerless gloves have lots of texture and style and are great for girls of all ages. Make a pair for yourself and one for your friend so you can show off your crochet skills!
- 5.00 Crochet Hook
- Ball Point Bodkin or Thick Needle
- 8ply Yarn
- Wool/Tapestry Needle
You can make this for any size person, just measure your wrist and make the ribbing that big plus 4cm.
- Make a Slip Knot. Crochet 27 Chain Stitches.
- Row 1Then take your crochet hook and push it into the second chain from your hook. Now Single Crochet until the end of the row. Crochet only through the front loop.
- Row 2 - 30 Chain 2 then push your crochet hook into the second last single crochet. Continue to make single crochets until the end of the row. Crochet only through the front loop.
- You can make the wrist wider by adding a few more rows of single crochets.
- When you've made as many rows as you need, Slip Stitch them together, then turn it inside out.
- Row 1 Chain 1, then Single Crochet evenly around the side of the cuff. Join with a slip stitch.
- Row 2, 3, 4 Chain 3, then crochet a Bullion Stitch into the next stitch. *Chain 1, skip one stitch and crochet a bullion stitch into the following stitch. Repeat from the * all around. Join with a slip stitch into the top of chain 3.
- Row 5 This is where you add the hole for your thumb. For each person it's different, so you need to decide now where you want your thumb to be. When you get there make a bullion stitch, then crochet 5 chain stitches (might need to make it 6-7 if you have a bigger thumb) Skip one stitch, then crochet a bullion stitch in that stitch. Continue making bullion stitches and chains all the way around.
- Row 6 Same as row 2, but when you get to where you chained 5 for the thumb hole, only make one bullion stitch into that gap. Otherwise you'll have a very bulky and uneven hand.
- Row 7, 8 Same as row 2.
- Row 9, 10 Single crochets all the way around.
- Fasten off, and you are done!