Featherlight Crochet Poncho
Change up your fall wardrobe and create your own Featherlight Crochet Poncho. This easy crochet poncho is the perfect addition to your closet - you can wear it when the weather gets chilly or if you plan to spend time in an air-conditioned space. This easy crochet pattern is simple enough for beginners but still so fun to make. Give one to your most-fashionable friend - this poncho can be a unique and unexpected gift.
Instructions for Featherlight Poncho:
This isn’t your grandma’s poncho! Crochet your own light and airy accessory – it’s so easy. Throw one on before you head out the door – it’s appropriate for the office but fun enough to wear around town.
- LION BRAND® IMAGINE® (Art. #515)
- #310 Blueberry Hill 1 hank (A)
- #315 Black Ice 1 hank (B) or colors of your choice
- LION BRAND® BONBONS (Art. #601)
- #650 Party 1 pack (C) or color of your choice
- LION BRAND® crochet hook size G-6 (4.25 mm)
- LION BRAND® stitch markers
- LION BRAND® large-eyed blunt needle
Additional Materials: Sewing needle and thread to match yarn
Skill Level: Easy
Size: About 28 in. (71 cm) wide and 45 in. (114 cm) long Note:
Poncho is made in one piece beg at one lower edge.
Colors for C yarns:
- Teal (D)
- Taupe (E)
ch = chain
rep = repeat
sc = single crochet
sl st = slip stitch
- Unwind each hank of yarn and fold in half twice to divide into 4 even lengths of each color. Cut along folds.
- Secure both ends of each length, as follows: turn under cut end twice and using sewing needle and matching thread, sew ends in place to create a finished edge.
- Joining Row 1: Holding one A length above one B length, join D with a sl st in upper right corner of A length, ch 1, sl st in lower right corner of B length, *ch 1, sl st in A length about 1/2 in. (1.5 cm) from previous sl st, ch 1, sl st in B length about 1/2 in. (1.5 cm) from previous sl st; rep from * across. Fasten off.
- Next Joining Row: With a second A length above the previously joined B length, join E with a sl st in upper right corner of B length, ch 1, sl st in lower right corner of second A length, rep Joining Row 1 across.
- With D, rep Joining Row 1 to join a second B length above the second A length. Mark upper edge of second B length for neck opening as follows: fold assembled panel in half and place a st marker 5 1/2 in. (14 cm) from fold on either side.
- With a third A strip length above just joined B length, join E with a sl st in upper right hand corner of second B length and work Joining Row 1 to first marker, then work (sc, ch 1) evenly spaced across B edge to next marker, then continue joining to end. Rejoin E at corner of neck opening and work (sc, ch 1) evenly spaced across opposite side of neck.
- Continue to join lengths, alternating A and B strips and D and E joining colors.
- With D and working across short edges of A lengths, (ch 1, sc) evenly spaced across (about 8 sc along short edge of each length).
- Rep with E across short edges of B lengths.
- Weave in ends.
Every effort has been made to produce accurate and complete instructions. We cannot be responsible for variance of individual knitters or crocheters, human error, or typographical mistakes.