Two-Color Ripple Waves Baby Blanket
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The Two-Color Ripple Waves Baby Blanket is an easy pattern to work with. This free crochet pattern from Red Heart Yarn will help you create a wonderful baby blanket, perfect for a gift or holiday present. Mix up the color combination for a unique look, or add some fringe or pom poms to the edging so the baby has something fun to play with! This blanket works up quickly and is perfect for both little girls and boys.
- 3 balls Red Heart Soft Yarn (5 oz) in Sky Blue (A)
- 3 balls Red Heart Soft Yarn (5 oz) in White (B)
- 6mm [US J-10] crochet hook
- Yarn needle
Gauge: 17 sts = 4” in pattern; 10 rows = 4”. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use and size hook to obtain the specified gauge.
- To Change Color in sc: Insert hook in next st and draw up a loop, drop working color and pick up new color, pull new color through 2 loops on hook.
- shell: 5 dc in same st or space.
- dc2tog (double crochet 2 together): [yo, insert hook in next st(sp), yo and pull through 2 loops on hook] twice, yo and pull through all 3 loops on hook (1 st dec).
- dc3tog (double crochet 3 together): [ yo, insert hook in next st(sp), yo and pull through 2 loops on hook] 3 times, yo and pull through all 4 loops on hook (2 sts dec).
Blanket measures: 36” x 38”
Work in the following color sequence throughout: *4 rows A, 2 rows B, 4 rows A, 4 rows B, 2 rows A, 4 rows B: repeat from * throughout.
With A, ch 163.
Row 1 (right side): Starting in 4th ch from hook, work dc2tog in next 2 ch, *ch 1, skip next ch, [dc in next ch, ch 1, skip next ch] twice, shell in next ch, ch 1, skip next ch, [dc in next ch, ch 1, skip 1 ch] twice**, dc2tog in next 2 ch, skip next ch, dc2tog in next 2 ch; repeat from * across to last 14 ch; repeat from * to ** once; end with dc3tog worked in last 3 ch; turn—10 shells.
Row 2: Ch 1, sc in first st, sc in next ch-1 space, *[ch 1, skip next dc, sc in next ch-1 space or st] 7 times, ch 1, skip next 2 dc2tog, sc in next ch-1 space; repeat from * across; end with sc in top of beg ch-3; turn.
Row 3: Ch 3, dc2tog worked in next sc and next ch-1 space, *ch 1, [dc in next ch-1 space, ch 1] twice, shell in next ch-1 space, ch 1, [dc in next ch-1 space, ch 1] twice **, dc2tog worked in next ch-1 space and next sc, skip next ch-1 space, work dc2tog in next sc and next ch-1 space; repeat from * across 8 times; repeat from * to ** once; end with dc3tog worked in last ch-1 space and last 2 sc; turn.
- Rows 4-89: Rep rows 2 and 3, working in color sequence as indicated above, ending with row 3 of pattern in color A. Do not fasten off. Weave in ends.
- Round 1: With right side facing, working with A, ch 1, *working across side edge of blanket, work sc, ch 1, skip space equal to ch-1*; repeat from * to * across side to bottom corner, work (sc, ch 1, sc) in corner st, working across opposite side of foundation ch, ch 1, **sc in space between next 2 dc, [ch 1, sc in ch-1 space] 3 times, skip next ch where shell is worked, [sc in next ch-1 space, ch 1] 3 times, sc between next 2 dc, ch 1, sc in next ch-1 space; repeat from ** across, ch 1, work (sc, ch 1, sc) in corner, repeat from * to * across side edge to next corner, work (sc, ch 1, sc) in corner st, ***[sc in ch-1 space, ch 1] 3 times, sc in next dc, ch 1, skip next dc, sc in next dc, ch 1, skip next dc, sc in next dc, [ch 1, sc in next ch-1 sp] 3 times, ch 1; repeat from *** across top edge; end with sc in top left-hand corner, ch 1; join with slip st in first sc. Fasten off.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Foolproof Afghan Pattern
51 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
41 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
Pink Daisy Crocheted Baby Blanket
Crocheted Baby Comfort Blanket
Sweet Squares Adorable Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
The Coziest Crocheted Baby Blanket Ever
Easy One Ball Crochet Baby Blanket and Hat Set
Gingham Baby Blanket
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 4 Easy Small Wood Projects You Didn't Know You Could Make
- 14 Christmas Crafts for Adults, by 365 Days of Crafts
- Fireside Slippers
- 24 Free Shawl Knitting Patterns
- Shiny + Soft Main Street Yarns
- Beginner Hat Knitting Pattern
- 15 Easy Crochet Baby Booties for Beginners
- 31 Summer Wreaths to Make
- How to Set Tie Dye in Fabric
- Crochet Christmas Stockings: 14 Free Patterns
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home