Hello Kitty Witch
Use this free crochet pattern to make a cute Hello Kitty Witch. She makes for a cute Halloween decoration. Lion Brand and Red Heart yarn is used.
- Lion Brand Pound of Love - White Red Heart Soft – Red
- Red Heart Super Saver – Black
- Caron Wintuk - Nutmeg Size US-F/3.75 mm Crochet Hook
- Pink Embroidery Floss Polyester Fiberfill 2 - 9mm Safety Eyes
- Black Pipe Cleaner Blunt darning needle
Doll measures 6” tall from base to tip of hat.
SC = Single Crochet
HDC = Half Double Crochet Ch = Chain Rnd(s) = Round(s) Beg = Beginning
Sts = Stitches 2tog = Crochet 2 stitches together (decrease) * = Repeat stitches from * to end of *
2nd = Second
- This pattern is worked in continuous rounds; do not join and do not turn. Use stitch marker to indicate beginning of rounds.
- Yarns listed is what I used – size may vary with other yarns.
- Gown is crocheted directly on the body.
Head: Ch 2 Rnd 1: Work 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook = 5 sc Rnd 2: Work 2 sc in each sc = 10 sc Rnd 3: *Sc in first sc, 2 sc in 2nd sc*, repeat from * around = 15 sc Rnd 4: *Sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat from * around = 20 sc Rnd 5: *Sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat from * around = 25 sc Rnd 6: *Sc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat from * around = 30 sc Rnds 7-12: Sc in each sc around
Rnd 13: *Sc in next 4 sc, sc 2tog*, repeat from * around = 25 sc Rnd 14: *Sc in next 3 sc, sc 2tog*, repeat from * around = 20 sc Rnd 15: *Sc in next 2 sc, sc 2tog*, repeat from * around = 15 sc Fasten off, leave a long tail for sewing. You will use this piece of yarn to sew the head on the body. Position and insert safety eyes. Stuff head firmly. Do not sew opening closed.
With Black Yarn, ch 2
Rnd 1. Work 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook = 5 sc
Rnd 2: Work 2 sc in each sc = 10 sc
Rnd 3: Sc in each sc around
Rnd 4: *Sc in first sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat from * around = 15 sc
Rnd 5: Sc in each sc around
Rnd 6: *Sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat from * around = 20 sc
Rnd 7: Sc in each sc around
Rnd 8: *Sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat from * around = 25 sc
Rnd 9-11: Sc in each sc around
Rnd 12: Work 2 HDC in ea sc = 50 HDC
Rnd 13-14: Sc in ea HDC
Fasten off, leave a tail long enough to sew the hat on her head.
To shape tip of hat, gently push the end of your crochet hook to bring the tip to a point. Be careful not to poke a hole through the tip of the hat. Stuff tip of hat lightly. Thread needle with yarn, sew hat on head.
Using Red Yarn, ch 6
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook, ch 1, turn. Row 2-5: Sc across, ch 1, turn. Fasten off, leave long tail for sewing.
To Form Bow: 1. Weave in short piece of yarn (where ch was started) to center; 2. Weave in long tail to center; 3. Pinch center and wrap long tail around several time (4 or 5 times); 4. Thread through needle and secure by running under the wrapped part, bringing it out; secure firmly. Sew bow on hat.
Body: With White Yarn, Ch 2 Rnd 1: Work 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook = 5 sc Rnd 2: Work 2 sc in each sc = 10 sc Rnd 3: *Sc in first sc, 2 sc in 2nd sc*, repeat from * around = 15 sc Rnd 4: *Sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat from * around = 20 sc Rnd 5: *Sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat from * around = 25 sc Rnds 6-11: Sc in each sc around
Rnd 12: *Sc in next 3 sc, sc 2tog*, repeat from * around = 20 sc Rnd 13: *Sc in next 2 sc, sc 2tog*, repeat from * around = 15 sc Fasten off, leave a tail long enough for sewing. Stuff body firmly. Sew opening closed (this will be the bottom). Flatten bottom so kitty can stand.
Gown: Rnd 1: With Black yarn, starting on top of body, insert crochet hook in sc and pull yarn through to form a loop, sl st to secure;
NOTE: You will crochet the first rnd directly on the body. Rnd 2: Continue inserting hook into each st on body and sc around.
Rnds 3-4: Work 2 sc in ea sc around.
NOTE: You will now be crocheting in rnd 1 – not on the body.
Rnd 5: *Sc in first sc, 2 sc in next sc,* repeat from * around
Rnd 6: Continue sc until gown reaches bottom of body base.
Rnd 7: On bottom of gown, make a scallop border - *HDC, DC, HDC in first sc, sl st in next sc*, repeat from * around. Fasten off. Weave in yarn.
Arms: (Make 2) Using White Yarn, Ch 2 Rnd 1: Work 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook = 5 sc
Rnd 2: Sc in each sc around
Join Black Yarn
Rnd 3-7: Sc in each around Fasten off, leave a tail long enough for sewing. Do not stuff.
For her little broomstick, use black pipe cleaner.
- Cut 3 pieces of black pipe cleaner 3” long.
- Twist the 3 pieces together and wrap one end to form the bottom of the broom. Now braid the 3 pieces of pipe cleaner, wrap top to secure. Do not trim. You will use one of the pieces to wrap around the yarn to complete her broom.
- For the top of her little broom, use nutmeg colored yarn.
- Cut 12 pieces of yarn 4” long. Cut another piece of yarn and tie in center, knot to secure.
- Place pipe cleaner near bottom of nutmeg yarn (wrap one extended piece of pipe cleaner around nutmeg yarn, trim pipe cleaner).
- Wrap the yarn you used to tie the knot around the base of the nutmeg yarn (creating a tassel) and secure. (To secure, thread through needle and run through bottom).
- Trim top of broom and any excess yarn.
- Cut a small piece of red yarn and tie a bow.
- Attach head to body.
- Attach arms, just below head.
- With nutmeg yarn, secure broom to hand and trim yarn.
- Using pink embroidery floss, sew nose.
- Tie a red bow with yarn around neck.
- Weave in all excess yarn.
Find this project and more in 9 Beginner Crochet Patterns for Halloween.
Read NextBlue Crochet Bunny Pattern
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Oct 03, 2013
I am in the process of making this and can't figure out what sc stitches I am supposed to be working the gown in, and how many stitches? Also, how can you go back to working in the sc of rnd 1 after rnd 3 when you have increased the stitches double, twice! The instructions for the bow that goes on the hat is also messed up. If I chain 6 then only work into a single stitch chain 1 then turn 5 times, what do I do with the rest of the chain? (Four chains)
Nov 01, 2012
Thanks for sharing this pattern. My almost 4 yr old granddaughter loves Hello Kitty so I am going to try this but I am going add some ears! :)
Oct 22, 2011
HELP!!! I'm up to the gown and don't understand the directions. Do you sc on the whole body or the 1st 4 rounds, then fasten off and Start again in the 1st round???
Oct 30, 2010
I love the Hello Kitty witch and was wondering if you are planning to do any Hello Kitty Christmas figures? Thanks for the help.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use