Punch Art Flower Garden
Kids love to be creative and get into things they shouldn't, like your garden. Now they can create their own garden. Acrylic paints and colorful bags can be turned into great flowers.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Block, 12" x 10" x 1"
- Colorful plastic bags cut into 2-1/2" or 3" circles
- Acrylic paints: blue; brown; green
- Wooden skewer with one blunt end
- Paintbrushes: wide flat; small round
- Ribbon of choice for hanger (optional)
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Fine-line black permanent marker
- Disposable palette
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Thick, white craft glue
(Note: Adults only should handle the serrated knife.)
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin; cut foam block to measure 9" x 12".
- Refer to photo to paint blue sky and brown earth onto foam block, including edges. Let dry. Use round brush to paint green stems and leaves as desired; let dry.
- Apply small dot of glue to top of each flower stem. Using blunt end of skewer, push center of one plastic bag circle straight down into foam at top of each stem over glue. Twist skewer slightly and remove.
- Cut 16" length from ribbon; glue ends to top back corners of picture for hanger.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Read NextSock Bunny Craft
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.