Create this adorable fairy in a snap. You can get help from the kids and they will love playing with her at the dream castle. All you need is STYROFOAM Brand Foam, yarn and chenille stems.
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam:
- Balls, one each: 1"; 1-1/2"
- White chenille stems, 12" x 6mm, three
- Plastic-canvas yarn, 4-ply color of choice, 22" length
- Shimmering tulle, color of choice, 3/8 yd.
- Satin picot-edge ribbon to match tulle, 3/16" x 1/2 yd.
- Ultra-fine blue/iridescent glitter
- Disposable sponge brush or small paintbrush
- Rubber band
- Paper clip
- Round toothpicks
- Wire cutters
- Needlenose pliers
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
Click here for instructions on maknig the Dream Castle.
- Insert toothpick into 1-1/2" foam ball (body). Apply white glue to all surfaces of body. Sprinkle body with glitter, tapping off excess. Let dry. Remove toothpick.
- For hair, cut five 4-1/2" lengths from yarn; unravel yarn, creating 20 strands. Glue toothpick halfway into bottom of 1" foam ball (head). Apply white glue to top of head. Place hair over glue; trim as desired. Let dry.
- For halo, cut 4" length from chenille stem and bend into circle. Dip each side of halo into glue, then glitter, tapping off excess. Glue halo to head; let dry.
- Cut 3" x 27" rectangle from tulle. Keeping one long edge as even as possible, finger gather opposite long edge. Tightly wrap gathered end with rubber band.
- Insert head toothpick through rubber-banded end of tulle. Apply glue to end of toothpick and push down into center of body. Cut and tie 10" ribbon length into bow around rubber band "neck."
- Cut two 2" (arms) and two 3-1/2" (legs) lengths from chenille stem. Glue and insert one end of each leg into bottom of body. Cut small slit in tulle on either side of body; glue and insert one end of each arm into sides of body. Gently bend stem ends to form hands and feet as shown.
- Bend remaining 12" chenille stem in half. Unfold and bring ends back to center; twist ends around center to secure. Gently pull chenille stem into wing shapes. Cut two 3" squares from tulle. Dip one side of wings into glue, press onto wrong side of one tulle square, and then dip into glitter. Tap off excess glitter; trim excess tulle. Repeat for other side of wings.
- To secure wings, cut one bent end from paper clip. Glue and push clip ends into body over center of wings. Cut and tie 8" ribbon length into bow; glue over paper clip.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Read NextCute Butterfly Craft For Kids