This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Mason Jar Aquarium
"Kids can create their own make-believe fish aquarium using a plastic mason jar. These darling mason jar aquariums make great bedroom decorations, and with the addition of submersible lights, make fun night lights too! Less mess and maintenance than a real fish tank, these mini aquariums are fun to make and look awesome. Kids can pick aquarium plants in their favorite colors and decide on fun fish or even a mermaid. The sky is the limit!"
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- 16- ounce plastic mason jar with lid
- Filtered water tap water works, but may be cloudy
- Plastic aquarium plants
- Aquarium gravel
- Plastic fish and/or figurines like mermaids
- Seashells starfish, etc
- Submersible candle lights optional, if you want these to be night lights
- Blue food coloring optional
NotesPlease visit Crafts by Amanda for the full tutorial!
Read NextPaper Snowflakes Craft For Kids