Let it Snow Christmas Ornaments
Cover your tree with homemade snow when you decorate with these Let It Snow Christmas Ornaments. If you're looking for quick and easy DIY Christmas ornament ideas, then you'll love this delightful project. To complete your own Christmas ornament, you will need Styrofoam, paint and chenille stems. In just a few minutes, you'll have a great ornament that you can save for years. Christmas ornament crafts help you get in the spirit of the season and add a personal touch to your Christmas tree. You'll never need to venture out in the cold when you let it snow on your very own Christmas tree.
- STYROFOAM Brand Balls: 2" or 3" (select size according to preferred finished size; models used 2" and 3" balls)
- STYROFOAM Brand Block, 2" thick
- Acrylic craft paint: gold, silver
- Chenille stems: silver, gold
- Wire nippers
- Wooden skewer
- Thick white craft glue
- Insert wooden skewer in foam ball and use as handle while painting. Paint ball your choice of gold or silver. Insert skewer in foam block while paint dries, or, place skewer in cup.
- Cut chenille stems to varying lengths according to your design; bend and form pipe cleaners to create snowflake designs. Models used 3" - 4" stems. The stems on the golden snowflake were curved in half to form a loop. For the silver snowflake, a 2" chenille stem was folded in half and twisted around a 4" stem, 1" from the end.
- The chenille stems are attached to the ball using chenille "staples". Form 3/4" pieces of chenille stems into a u-shape. Place end of chenille stem on ball, place chenille staple over stem, and insert chenille staple into ball.
- To hang, bend chenille stem to form a hook' glue and insert end into ball.
Read NextDecorate A Christmas Crate