This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Peg Doll Angel
"Add a peg doll angel to a holiday display, put some on your tree, or give them as a gift. Choose a beaded edge on the angel's dress, or opt for a picot edge instead. Either way, this crochet angel pattern is perfect for any time of year, whenver you need a guardian angel. Make them in birthstone colors for a thoughtful birthday gift. Or make one for Mother's Day to show mom she's an angel."
Crochet Hook8 or 1.5 mm hook (steel)
Yarn Weight(0) Lace (33-40 stitches to 4 inches). Includes crochet thread.
Crochet GaugeSee pattern for more info on gauge
Finished SizeFits a 2" peg doll angel
- 2″ wooden peg doll angel
- 10-20 yds size 10 crochet thread
- Size 8 / 1.5mm crochet hook
- Glue (to attach wings)
- Cardboard box or other square edge for shaping
Wax paper to cover cardboard edge.
- 1″ x 2″ piece of cardboard (for shaping halo)
- Other fabric stiffener of choice (optional)
- 9 size 6/0 or 8/0 seed beads (optional)
Read NextScrap Denim Angels