Glove Melted Peppermint Ornaments
Glove Melted Peppermint Ornaments are the Christmas craft ideas that you never knew you needed to make. These will surely be the most unique ornaments on the tree. Cute mittens would look wonderful with your other existing Christmas ornaments. Craft ideas for Christmas have never been more fun than this. These sweet Glove Melted Peppermint Ornaments are easy to create and will put you in the mood for some Christmas magic in no time.
Primary TechniqueFood Crafting
- Red Starlight Mints
- Mitten cookie cutter
- Wilton #10 decorator tip
- Parchment paper
- Drinking straws
- Sharp knife
- Ready-made fondant
- Fondant roller
- Candy sprinkles
- Green Apple Pull 'n' Peel Twizzlers
- Place peppermints on parchment paper lined baking pan.
- Place pan in your pre-heated oven.
- At the 10 minute mark remove from oven and firmly press cutters into melted candies.
- Remove pan from oven and immediately press cutters into melted candy.
- Around the 3-4 minute mark, (though still fairly warm) you should be able to remove candy from cutters. Gently press and twist tip through and remove. Now pick up the candy piece and gently press cutter completely through. Lay the piece back on pan to finish cooling.
- Wait 3-4 minutes before removing cutters from melted candies.
- Used the dull side of cutter to cut candy. Then use one hand to hold it down on pan while using other hand to lift up and break candy from the outside.
- To make sriped mitten cuffs, cut freehand strips of rolled out fondant with long, sharp knife.
- Cut some red strips too.
- Place strips side by side and roll with fondant roller.
- Using cuff portion of mitten cutter, cut out fondant cuff.
- Use bottom of mitten cookie cutter to trim the fondant piece.
- Place fondant cuff on candy mitten.
- Turn candy over & poke straw through hole to cut opening in fondant.
- Use the yummy Twizzlers for the mitten "strings". Just pull off a string and tie onto ornament.