Bearded Santa Jar Lid
Go green this year and reuse your household items. Take a jar lid and get creative. This bearded Santa has a face made out of a jar lid. Use some paints and other materials and you have a new kind of jar lid.
- DecoArt Products Required
No-Prep Metal Paint
- DMP01 - Bright White
- DMP06 - Bright Orange
- DMP11 - Real Red
- DMP20 - Bright Blue
- DMP32 - Coal Black
- Foam plate
- Lo-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- 3/8" button wood plug
- 1/2" flat brush
- Liner brush
- 10-mm round foam pouncer brush
- Craft foam in red and white
- Small sharp scissors
- 3/4" white pompon
- White curly doll hair, Westrim Crafts
- Regular-mouth metal canning jar lid
Mix one part each Bright Orange and Bright White. Use flat brush and mixture to paint jar lid and button plug. Let dry.
Mix small amount of Real Red with Bright Orange/Bright White mixture for cheek color. Refer to photo for placement and use pouncer dipped into mixture to paint cheeks on face; let dry.
Glue back of button plug on lid for nose.
Use end of paintbrush handle dipped in Coal Black to dot on eyes and let dry.
Use liner brush and Bright White to paint moustache, eyebrows, and highlight on eyes. Let dry.
Refer to photo for placement and glue curly doll hair pieces from upper left side to opposite side for sideburns and beard.
Mark 2" from corner on each side of foam and cut off corner of red foam piece for hat shape. Glue with point upwards over top of lid.
Cut 1/2" x 2.5" piece from white foam for hat cuff. Glue across bottom of hat above eyebrows.
Glue pompon over tip of hat.
- Finish item as desired to create ornament, gift tag, pin, or magnet: for pin, attach self-adhesive pin back to upper center at back of completed lid; for magnet, attach 1" piece of self-adhesive magnetic strip to back center of completed lid; for ornament or gift tag, formloop from 10" length of 3/8" wide ribbon and glue between ribbon ends, aligning edges; glue ends to upper center back of lid.
- We used a new lid with silver finish and minimal lettering. Using lids with printing or colors may require basecoat of Bright White.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
cookri46319 946966 3
Nov 07, 2011
Good and easy craft to make for teachers, neighbors, etc. Thanks Fave crafts for another great idea! Linda
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use