Art Studio Portrait Ornaments
Turning shrink plastic into ornaments is a great Christmas craft idea. These Art Studio Portrait Ornaments are so addicting that you will want to make one for every member of the family. Your loved ones will enjoy seeing their hand-drawn faces on the Christmas tree this year. Kids especially think that these are the coolest homemade Christmas ornaments ever. These cute Art Studio Portrait Ornaments will brighten everyone's faces this holiday season.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Shrink plastic
- Permanent fine and medium point marker
- Colored pencils
- Embossing gun (or oven)
- Hole puncher
- You need pictures that are about 5×7 because they’ll shrink about 1/3rd in size. With the frosted side up, slip the photo under the sheet of shrink plastic. Trace the outlines with the pencil.
- If you like what you see, go over the line with the thicker marker.
- Fill in with colored pencils. Cut out the around the shape and punch a hole at the top.
- SHRINK away! It will begin to curl really fast, whatever you do, don’t let the shiny side of the plastic touch, because it will stick. Add the Crafty Chica white paint, let it dry and then add a layer of Crafty Chica Glossy Gloss Varnish.
Read NextNorth Pole Snowman Cocoa
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.