Extra Glamorous Angel Tree Topper
If you need a fun project for you and the kids on a yucky, cold day, try bringing this Christmas craft idea to life. Don't think twice about getting rid their old Barbies because you can turn them into an Extra Glamorous Angel Tree Topper. There's no need to buy a new tree topper when you can make your own. Creating easy Christmas crafts will put both you and your children in the holiday spirit. This Extra Glamorous Angel Tree Topper will be your favorite craft tutorial this Christmas season.
- Old Barbie
- 2 liter soda bottle
- Toilet paper roll
- Duct tape or packing tape
- Paper clay
- Ready your Barbie. Comb the hair out with a wide tooth comb and some fabric softener and water, then braid it to get it out of the way. After dealing with the hair, remove the legs.
- Set Barbie aside. Now cut the top and bottom off the soda bottle, as well as up one side.
- Next step is wrapping the plastic around the toilet paper roll so it looks like a skirt and duct tape it in place. Take Barbie and put her in the toilet paper roll and duct tape her into place.
- Now make up a batch of paper clay. Spread the paper clay over the "dress" portion of the "doll". Create a top as well. Mold the clay into a dress form you like.
- Now wait for it to dry. While waiting for it to dry make the wings which are just cardboard with feathers glued on. Once the "dress" is dry sand off all the sharp edges and make smooth. This really should be done outside because it makes a lot of dust.
- Once you're happy with the dress paint and decorate, then glue the wings on.