Mesh Ribbon Christmas Angel
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Want an idea for using that mesh ribbon you have leftover from Christmas decorating and don't know what to do with? Something that doesn't involve a poufy wreath or garland? Why not make a mesh ribbon angel! So pretty, easy to make and very inexpensive."
Estimated Cost: Under $10
Time to complete: Under an hour
Main Material: Fabric
- Mesh Ribbon - 5 1/2" wide
- Fabric glue - clear drying
- Ball ornament
- Jute Twine or Chenille stem
- Cut out five trapezoid-like shapes 3 inches x 12 inches long making sure you include the side borders of the mesh ribbon.
- Fold over the edges to form cone shapes and seal with clear drying fabric glue making sure one of the narrow openings will fit the shank end of a ball ornament. It's easier to glue the cones shapes together starting at the bottom of the cone with a triangular shape forming a point and gluing up.
- Glue the ball ornament into the narrow open end for the head. This is the main body.
- Attach mesh cones to the left and right of main body, matching ends and points.
- Insert fourth cone, placing inside of the middle body cone midway and glue at the back edge.
- Insert the fifth and final cone into the fourth cone midway and glue to back, aligning the seams.
- Shape a ribbon into a bow and glue behind the base of the ball for the wings.
- Glue a small circle of twine or chenille stem to top of ball for the halo.
- Additional embellishments can be added around the neck area.
- Glue twine loop on back for hanging.
The finished angel is approximately 16 inches long. Adjust the size of the cones to make smaller or larger angels.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Angel Ornament Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Colorful Christmas Angel Ornament
34 Angel Crafts to Make for Christmas
Heavenly Angel Pillows
Ruffled Angel Statue
Gold Star Angel Ornament
Kids' Beaded Angel
Simple Elegance Magenta Christmas Angel
Delicate Angel Doll Crochet Pattern
Wire Ribbon and Pearl Angel
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Pot O' Gold Clay Pot Craft
- Flower Puppy Coloring Page
- Spirograph Mandala Coloring Page
- Abundance of Pineapples Adult Coloring Page
- Butterfly Tango Adult Coloring Page
- Toucan Coloring Page
- Graceful Flamingo Adult Coloring Page
- Indianapolis Canal Walk Coloring Page
- Plum Easy Patterns
- 32 Egg Carton Crafts
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home