Mesh Ribbon Christmas Angel
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Want an idea for using that mesh ribbon you have leftover from Christmas decorating and don't know what to do with? Something that doesn't involve a poufy wreath or garland? Why not make a mesh ribbon angel! So pretty, easy to make and very inexpensive."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- Mesh Ribbon - 5 1/2" wide
- Fabric glue - clear drying
- Ball ornament
- Jute Twine or Chenille stem
The finished angel is approximately 16 inches long. Adjust the size of the cones to make smaller or larger angels.
Cut out five trapezoid-like shapes 3 inches x 12 inches long making sure you include the side borders of the mesh ribbon.
Fold over the edges to form cone shapes and seal with clear drying fabric glue making sure one of the narrow openings will fit the shank end of a ball ornament. It's easier to glue the cones shapes together starting at the bottom of the cone with a triangular shape forming a point and gluing up.
Glue the ball ornament into the narrow open end for the head. This is the main body.
Attach mesh cones to the left and right of main body, matching ends and points.
Insert fourth cone, placing inside of the middle body cone midway and glue at the back edge.
Insert the fifth and final cone into the fourth cone midway and glue to back, aligning the seams.
Shape a ribbon into a bow and glue behind the base of the ball for the wings.
Glue a small circle of twine or chenille stem to top of ball for the halo.
Additional embellishments can be added around the neck area.
Glue twine loop on back for hanging.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Colorful Christmas Angel Ornament
- Kids' Beaded Angel
- 34 Angel Crafts to Make for Christmas
- Heavenly Angel Pillows
- Simple Elegance Magenta Christmas Angel
- Elegant Angel Christmas Ornament
- Mesh Ribbon Christmas Angel
- Recycled Plastic Bottle Christmas Angel
- Easy DIY Christmas Tree Angels
- Angel Ornament Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- My Cuddle Bunny Crochet Lovey
- How To Square A Granny Circle
- Explore Gouache Paint With A Chart!
- Whirly Coaster Pattern
- Printable Hearts Digital Paper
- Lips Appliqué
- Simple Crochet Heart Appliqué
- Easy Cosmetics Bag Pattern
- Easy Crochet Flower
- Serendipity Asymmetrical Shawl
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home