Holiday Candle Wrap
Create a holiday candle wrap from AMACO, using polymer clay and stamps.
- FIMO® Soft Polymer Clay — Sahara, Translucent, Tropical Green, Gold Metallic
- AMACO® Pasta Machine
- AMACO® PolyBlade
- AMACO® Rub ‘n Buff® — Gold Leaf
- Rollagraph® Stamp in pattern of choice (ClearSnap Inc, Colorbox®)
- Alphabet Stamps (Hero Arts)
- Acrylic Paint - Burnt Umber
Note: Mix together until blended: 1 block Translucent, 1/4 block Tropical Green, 1/4 block Metallic Gold.
- Create a form from cardstock the same diameter of the candle. Use tape to secure. Remove from candle.
- Flatten mixed clay to the #7 thickness on pasta machine. Cut a strip that is slightly wider that the Rollagraph® stamp. Roll pattern onto clay. Tear edges of clay with fingers. Wrap around form and bake in a pre-heated oven for 20-30 minutes at 265ºF (130ºC).
- Repeat Step 2 to create six medium and six small teardrops from the remaining two colors. If desired, texture canFlatten Sahara clay to the thickest setting on pasta machine. Stamp in word of choice. Tear around edges. Poke a small hole on both sides of word for twine then bake.
- Allow to cool. Apply burnt umber to all areas of candle wrap and words. Wipe off excess allowing paint to remain in crevasses. Apply small amount of Rub ‘n Buff® Gold Leaf to highlight areas of choice. Place candle wrap onto candle. Thread twine through holes on word and knot. Wrap around candle and thread through hole on opposite side. Knot. Cut off excess twine.
- ROCKS: Roll remaining clay into rock shapes. Stamp with words from alphabet stamps. Bake and antique as above.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.