Faux Stone Candle Piece
This rustic stone runner candle piece is a modern centerpiece that looks great all year round. This unique piece is easy to make and will leave your friends wondering how you made it yourself!
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Cubes: 2", four
- Block: 4" x 12" x 2"
- Textured paint: dark gray, black
- Putty knives: wide and narrow
- Small, stiff brush
- Utility knife
- Tooth picks
- Tea light refills
- Chopstick or skewer
- Low temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Center tea light refill on 2" cube of STYROFOAM™ brand foam; trace around tea light with sharp pencil. Using utility knife, carve out a 3/8" deep hole; smooth bottom using blunt end of knife. Test fit tea light and adjust hole as needed. Repeat with remaining cubes.
- Insert chopstick or skewer into bottom of cube and use as a handle. Spread a thin layer of dark gray textured paint on sides and top of cubes using small putty knife. Finish does not need to be smooth; a rough texture adds realism. Using paint brush, paint sides of hole. Stand chopstick in a glass while paint dries.
- With narrow putty knife, apply a thick coat of black textured paint to the 2" sides of the foam block. Use edge of the putty knife blade to create a rough texture. Spread black textured paint generously on top of base; spread smooth with wide putty knife. Let dry.
- Spread low temperature glue on one end of toothpick and insert half way into base of foam cube; spread low temperature glue on base of cube and toothpick and insert into base.
- Add tea lights.
®™* Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow