Window Screen Bangle
Save your screens and create cool recycled jewelry crafts. A Window Screen Bangle from Heidi Borchers will work with any outfit and takes just minutes to create. Use vintage Aleene's Tacky Glue techniques to create a piece you'll want to wear every single day.
- Metal window screen
- Scissors (I like to use dollar store scissors for this project)
- Stapler and staples
- Acrylic paint – metallic and colors of your choice
- Cosmetic sponge
- Waxed paper
- Determine width of bracelets and cut wire screen into strips with scissors. Be very careful in handling cut pieces at this step because the cut edges can be sharp.
- Determine size of bracelet by carefully wrapping strip around wrist and adjusting size so that bracelet will slip over hand. Add about 1″ to length for overlap.
- Overlap ends and staple to hold in place.
- Apply line of Aleene’s Tacky Glue along one edge of bracelet. This will cover the cut edge of the wire. (Only apply along one edge at this point so that you have an unglued edge to set on while drying.)
- Apply additional glue around outside of bracelet. Set aside to dry. Next, apply line of Aleene’s Tacky Glue along other edge of bracelet.
- When the glue is dry, it will be clear.
- Dab cosmetic sponge into paint and dab onto inside and outside of bracelet painting over the glued areas and all the wire. Let dry.
- You can paint your bracelets one color or create your own color combinations.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Window Screen Bracelet.
Read NextElegant Rose Bracelet
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jul 20, 2013
Thank you for adding in all the photos!! It really makes the directions a lot easier to follow.. can't wait to try this project! :)
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use