Seed Bead Safety Pin Bracelet
Create a one-of-a-kind bracelet with this fun and summery Seed Bead Safety Pin Bracelet. Great for doing with friends and family, this DIY bracelet pattern is a fun way to spend a lazy afternoon inside. You can create all kinds of bracelet styles, from solid-colored bracelets to a rainbow of colors and designs. So gather up all those seed beads that you've been saving...it's time to put them to use and create the cutest summer bracelet you've seen this season.
- Packet of 15mm (1"Inch) Safety Pins
- Elastic Thread
- Seed Beads
- Spacer Beads (These will be used between your safety pins so they'll need to be bigger than seed beads)
- Chain Nose Pliers (Optional)
- Start of by measuring your wrist with your elastic making sure to leave an extra 30cm (12' Inches) of elastic before cutting it with your scissors. Cut another piece of elastic the same length as the one you just cut.
- Open up your safety pins and start threading on your seed beads in the order that you want them. If you're going to make a pattern with your beads, you'll need to keep in mind that every second safety pin will be threaded onto your elastic upside down to make sure the bracelet is even. You'll need to make a LOT of beaded safety pins! (Optional Step) What I did to secure my safety pins from falling off of my bracelet was I clamped the top opening area with a pair of chain nose pliers.
- Start threading your safety pins onto your elastic, making sure to alternate tops and bottoms. After every 3 safety pins I added a spacer bead (My spacer beads were silver flowers and my friends ones were small green beads).
- Once you've reached your desired length, tie the top elastic together, and the ones at the bottom together. Cut off any extra elastic.
Read NextEasy Leather Shapes Bracelet