Embellishments for Adventurous Sewing
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Embellishments for Adventurous Sewing
By Carol Zentgraf
Gifted by Creative Publishing International
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, FaveCrafts Editor
Looking for some new sewing challenges? Are you bored with the same old same old? Well, if you've conquered the ABC's of sewing and are looking for a new challenge, it's time you start playing around with embellishments! Spur your sewing machine to its full potential with Embellishments for Adventurous Sewing. Filled with great tutorials and projects to help you practice decorative stitching, applique, fabric manipulation, and trim applications, this book is a must-have for sewing enthusiasts.
Author Carol Zentgraf guides you through a variety of techniques with step-by-step instructions and lovely full-color photographs. There are also 15 projects to help you practice these skills, so you have lots of choices to help you practice free-motion stitching, bobbin work, decorative machine stitches, and a variety of other sewing techniques.
I loved the chapter on decorative stitching. Even though it's one of the easiest techniques to master, you won't believe all the fun designs you can make by changing the setting on your sewing machine. And one of my favorite projects in the book, The Raw Edge Applique Pillow, is great for practicing your applique skills, as well as free-motion stitching, which may seem intimidating, but is actually quite easy and fun!
The Trim Time chapter is also great because it teaches you how to add a little something special to items you may already have, like pillows, jackets, and tee shirts. For those who like to upcycle and recycle, Embellishments for Adventurous Sewing is a great book to add to your collection for great project ideas and inspiration.
Great for learning how to jazz up your projects or even if you're just looking for some new sewing challenges to explore with your sewing machine, Embellishments for Adventurous Sewing is a great book for sewing fans of all skill levels. With tutorials and helpful suggestions on how to add trims to fabric, create raised effects with trapunto, add or remove color, and embellish with buttons and zippers, Embellishments for Adventurous Sewing will completely tranform the way you look at your next sewing project!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Card Making with Cricut
- Cold Weather Crochet
- Rubber Band Loom Crafts
- How to Make 100 Paper Flowers
- Inspired by Zentangle Fabric Arts Quilting Embroidery
- Crazy Cool Duct Tape Projects
- Mosaic Renaissance
- Create with Transfer Artist Paper
- 2 Hour Crafting Treasures
- Spellbinders Quick and Easy Crafts for Entertaining
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Millionaire's Afghan
- Hand Crochet Chunky Blanket
- 11 Easter Crafts for Kids
- 100+ Easter Crafts
- Duo of Bears Unisex Baby T-Shirt
- Cross My Heart Treat Bag
- How to Sew a Zipper into a Lined Skirt
- Tiny Valentine Gift Boxes
- Pretty Hearts Hot Pad
- DIY Mini Pallet Photo Magnets