Yarn Pom Pom Garland
Learn how to make pom pom with yarn with this fun project! This Yarn Pom Pom Garland is the perfect project to help you put up a little festive fun in your home and use up some of that extra yarn you've had laying around! This is another fun project from Consumer Crafts.
- Caron No Dye Lot 1 pound Espresso Yarn
- Caron No Dye Lot 1 pound Orange Yarn
- Caron No Dye Lot 1 pound Sunflower Yellow Yarn
- Crochet hook, size G
- Darice Easy Knitter Pom Pom Loom set
- You’ll need to start off my making pom poms. I chose to make mine in two sizes to add some variety- the Espresso used the large pom pom loom and the Sunflower and Orange used the medium size. (If you want to see how to use the looms, check out this quick video tutorial at the bottom of the page.)
- You can place the poms close together, or space them apart a bit- really, it’s whatever look you like and how man pom poms you feel like making! I chose to space mine about 5 inches apart. I used 10 large poms and 20 medium-sized ones (in two colors) to dress up my studio window.
- So let’s make the chain! Make a slip knot over your crochet hook, then chain about 20 stitches.
- Remove the hook from the chain, and make sure the loop is big enough so you don’t “lose” it and unravel your chain. Then take the two ends of the yarn that you used to tie it off and make the knot, and slip one in the chain loop. Tie and overhand knot to secure.
- Then re-insert your hook into the loop and continue to chain another 10 and then repeat with a different pom pom. (My pattern was orange-brown-yellow-brown. Nice colors for fall, but you can sub out any color scheme you like.)
Tip: don’t cut the “tieing” yarn threads too short- you’ll need to tie them into the chain
Pom Pom Video Tutorial