Decoupage Wood Pumpkins
Decorate your doorstep with Decoupage Wood Pumpkins from Candace Jedrowicz. This quick and easy project is perfect for fall and easy enough for beginnings. Decoupage craft ideas can help you turn boring material like wood into a colorful and crafty work of art.
- Aleene’s Decoupage – matte
- Wooden pumpkin shapes in various sizes, sanded smooth – Hubby cut them from 3/4″ planks
- Decorative papers
- Acrylic paint – in a color you like
- Paint brush
- Fall Pumpkin Template
- Water down your acrylic paint – I mixed mountain green, lime green and bronze to get the color I used.
- Paint the pumpkins on all sides and allow to dry.
- Trace around the shapes on the decorative paper and cut 1/4″ in from the outline, leave out the stem. Add small curved cuts as shown in the template to imply the sections of the pumpkins.
- Brush the front of each pumpkin and the back of the papers with Aleene’s Decoupage, position the papers on the pumpkins and immediately brush the front of the papers.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Decorate Fun Fall Wood Pumpkins.
Read NextFall Book Page Leaf Banner