Life and Live DIY Canvas
Transform a favorite photo into a brand new piece of DIY wall art with some serious attitude.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "This is " All about me" altered canvas made with new Plaid Mixed Media paints and mists and Plaid Mod Podge as the texture paste. I never scrap myself, but this was a good photo (actually one over another photos) and it shows my tavel mood and my favorite colors."
Make some DIY wall art that you can hang with pride when you check out this mixed media craft idea. The Life and Live DIY Canvas is a craft project idea that combines a canvas with scrapbooking techniques and supplies to make an unlikely picture frame. If you have a photo with a ton of attitude that you really want to show off, add it to projects like this to add as much personality to the piece than is in the picture. This canvas art idea would look lovely in a home office or a teen’s bedroom.
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueMixed Media
Project or Page Size8.5 inches x 11 inches
Type of Paper UsedArtBoard
- Canvas art board- Michaels
- Stencils- Scrapmatts( Retro circles and Alphabet)
- Stamp- Stampendous- Andy Skinner
- Plaid-Prussian blue Mixed Media soft gel
- Plaid-White Mixed Media Opaque soft gel
- Plaid-Hooker's green transparent soft gel
- Plaid- Mod Podge matte
- Plaid-Bright pink Mixed media color spray
- Plaid- Black Mixed media color spray
- Plaid- Bright blue Mixed media color spray
Use Mod Podge and two stencils to make letters and circles around the white canvas.Let it dry A LOT!
Paint over the canvas with Plaid Mixed media paints and mists and wipe them with baby wipe to get this soft look of your canvas.
Stamp a bit of a background with black Ranger ink and Andy Skinner's stamp.
Paint background squares chipboard with a mix of simple Plaid craft paints and glue it over the canvas with Mod Podge.
Arrange the double photo by cutting the second one and arranging it over the first one to add more interest. Glue the photo over the chipboard with Mod Podge.
Paint the small chipboards with the similar Plaid paints as the chipboard background frame and make the lower and upper clusters of embellishments.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Have you ever seen a more beautiful way to recycle pill bottles? Rather than throwing empty pill bottles away, make this Stunningly… Continue reading: "Stunningly Beautiful Pill Bottle Lamp"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Flower Vase
- Common Sewing Stitches You Need To Know
- Moccasin Slippers With A Cuff
- Monogram Resin Keychain
- Elastic Waist Linen Shorts Free Sewing Pattern
- Macrame Light Pendant
- Diy Washable Duster Cloths
- Kat Williams - Editorial Intern
- Easy Epoxy Resin Jewelry
- Country Spice Beanie
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home