How to Knit for Kids: Step by Step Instructions for 15 Patterns
By: Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Whether you're a beginning knitter or someone who's been knitting for years, How to Knit for Kids: Step by Step Instructions for 15 Patterns is a great go-to guide for creating the best clothes for babies and kids of all ages.
In our collection of Knit Baby Patterns: Easy Blankets and Wearables, we have some great projects that will teach anyone how to knit for kids. Easy blankets like the Baby Blue Blanket work up quickly and are perfect for knitters of all skill levels. This blanket would make a great gift for a little boy or girl.
If your kids are a little older, be sure to check out Knit Patterns for Kids: Clothes Kids Can Wear for some great clothing patterns for boys and girls. The Rainbow Ruffles Skirt for example is a great project for a little girl. It looks complicated, but actually is quite easy with some basic knitting skills and techniques. There's no need to worry about how to knit for kids. Step by step tutorials like this will lead you through every step of the way.
Finally, in our section titled How to Knit for Kids: Easy Scarves and Hats, we have lots of projects that will teach anyone how to knit. For beginners, scarves are a great place to start, and patterns like the one you'll find in the Little Boy's Hat and Scarf Set are easy to create and customize.
With these easy patterns, you'll have the know how to knit a scarf, a hat and much more. So get out those knitting needles and learn how to knit for kids!
How to Knit for Kids Table of Contents
Baby knitting patterns are perfect for the beginning knitter. Not only are they fun to make, but these patterns are often small and simple, so they work up quickly and easily. Babies of all ages will love these cuddly blankets, booties, and clothing patterns.
Baby Blue Blanket: This Baby Blue Blanket is an easy pattern for beginners. It works up quickly and makes a great gift for a new little boy or girl.
Sophie Lace Baby Shawl: Dress up your little lady in this beautiful lace shawl. In no time you'll know just how to knit for kids. Step by step instructions make this pattern easy to read and follow...and your little girl will love it!
Simply Adorable Sock Yarn Baby Booties: It's so easy to learn how to knit! For beginners, it's best to start with simple patterns, like these Adorable Scok Yarn Baby Booties. These easy booties are super cute, and it will be hard to stop once you've started making them!
Sweater Wrap for Baby: Just learning how to knit for kids? This Sweater Wrap for Baby is an easy and fun pattern that anyone can master! It's great for layering in the winter and is light enough to be worn in the spring and summer as well.
- Stretchy Baby Hat: Knit a hat for the new little one in your life with this easy knitted hat pattern! This is a great hat for a little boy or girl and is a great knitting project for beginners.
Wondering how to knit for kids? Step by step tutorials like these make learning easy and fun. Kids will love wearing these cute ponchos, pants, and skirts, and you'll love how easy they are to make.
Bright Stripes Poncho: Beginners and advanced knitters will love the simplicity and look of this sweet Bright Stripes Poncho. You can make it in whatever colors you'd like, and ponchos are great for any time of year. It's easy to learn how to knit for kids! Step by step tutorials like this make it fun and easy.
Girl's Striped Jumper: This sweet jumper is great for little girls of all ages. It's the perfect project if you're just learning how to knit. For beginners and advanced knitters alike, this pattern is a must!
Rainbow Ruffles Skirt: It's easy and fun to learn how to knit for kids. Easy patterns, like this Rainbow Ruffles Skirt, are great because they look intricate in design, but are surprisingly easy to make.
Easy Kid's Knit Poncho: This easy poncho knitting pattern is great for little girls and boys. It's fun and fashionable and, because it's for kids, it works up quickly.
- Children's Knit Bell Bottoms: Have fun with color when you're learning how to knit for kids! Easy and fun patterns, like these funky bell bottoms, are great for learning how to change yarn color, add texture, and more. Plus your kids will love them!
It's so easy to learn how to knit for kids. Easy scarf and hat patterns are a great way to start, and this collection of projects makes learning how to knit for kids easy and fun. With these step by step projects, you'll learn how to knit a scarf, how to create fun and functional hats, and even how to create some cute hat and scarf sets that are perfect for gift giving.
Knit Pigtail Hat: It's fun to learn how to knit for kids. Step by step instructions make it even easier, which is why this Pigtail Hat is a great project to start with if you're new to knitting. Little girls will love this hat, since it will keep their head warm without messing up their cute pigtails.
Little Boy's Hat and Scarf Set: Just learning how to knit a scarf? This is a great pattern for you! This scarf and hat set only requires 2 yarn colors, so it's great for the beginner. You could also make it using 1 yarn color if you'd like. This matching hat and scarf set makes a great gift for a little boy or girl.
Silly Hair Hats for Kids: Perfect for Halloween or any time, this Silly Hair Hat is a bad hair day's cure! Little girls will love showing off their new hair do!
Wacky Costume Hats: These Wacky Costume Hats are perfect for Halloween! Once you've mastered the basic skills of knitting, it's easy and fun to learn how to knit for kids. Step by step instructions are included for 4 different hats.
- Colorful Winter Set: This Colorful Winter Set is great for a little boy or girl. If you're still learning how to knit a scarf, hat, or gloves, you can use a self-striping yarn so you don't have to worry about changing colors. This pattern is perfect for kids of all ages.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 15 Spring Craft Ideas For Everyone
- Chevron Shape Tape
- Paracord Outdoor Gear Projects
- Shelbi Free Crochet Hat Pattern For Kids
- Totally Tulle DIY Fabric Flowers
- Seasonal FloraCraft Styrofoam Decor
- Tulip Color Shot Fabric Dye Set
- Book Page Paper Roses DIY Project
- Simplicity Bias Tape Maker Giveaway
- We R Memory Keepers