We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The comfortable, Slouchy Cowl from Patons is a delightful way to keep warm and add a burst of color to your winter attire. Use this free knitting pattern and super-soft angora yarn to make a cowl. Unlike many free scarf patterns, cowls guarantee warmth because they are designed to stay snug and tight around your neck, capturing that much-needed body heat during cold and frigid days.
You could easily match this stunning, free cowl pattern to any of your coats by making it in the correct color of yarn. Adding style and comfort to your wardrobe can be difficult, but with comfy free cowl patterns like this one you will look the part of the effortlessly chic goddess. Basic pieces do a lot to add a classic flair to any look.Just because you are battling snow and ice does not mean you cannot look your best. Knit wearables are a great way to look like the stylish ice queen you have always wanted to be.
Find mow how to make a cowl and DIY cowls in our collection of 10 Crochet and Knit Cowl Patterns.
- Yarn: Patons® Angora Bamboo (50 g / 1.75 oz) (Approx 73 m / 80 yds) 90105 (Low Tide) 5 balls
- Knitting Needles: Size 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) knitting needles or size needed to obtain tension.
Size: Approx 16 ins [40.5 cm] wide x 30 ins [76 cm] around.
Tension/Gauge: 20 sts and 25 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
yfwd: Yarn over the needle. Canadian term, comparable to US term yarn over (yo).
Note: Cowl is worked sidewise.
Cast on 80 sts.
1st row: (WS). K2. Purl to last 2 sts. K2.
2nd row: K2. *yfwd. K2. Pass yfwd over K2. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2.
These 2 rows form pat.
Cont in pat until piece measures 30 ins [76 cm], ending with a WS row.
Sew cast on and cast off edges tog.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid