We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This scarf knitting pattern creates a diagonal striped scarf in elegant black and white. Fringe adds wonderful texture and you don't have to weave in yarn ends. Alla Koval of My Little City Girl, independent knitwear and crochet designer, shares this pattern.
- Tahki Cotton Classic 100% Cotton (50g/ 108 yd/100 m) or Lion Cotton Ease 50% Cotton, 50% Acrylic (3.5 oz/ 207 yd/ 188 m) or any other worsted weight yarn:
1-2 balls in black A
1-2 balls in white B
- Loisa Harding Glisten 97% Nylon, 3% Polyester (1.75 oz/ 93 yd/ 85 m) 1 ball in black (#15) C
- Gedifra Pelliccia 100% Polyester (1.75 oz/ 45 m) 1 ball in white/black (color #4015) or any other long hair fur yarn D
- Lana Grossa Opaco 100% Microfiber (1.75 oz/ 93 m) 1 ball in multi white/greys (color #011) or any other texture yarn with nubs E
- On Line City 42% Cotton, 42% Acrylic, 10% Viscose, 10% Polyester (1.75 oz/ 110 m) 1 ball in multi greys/white/black (color #02) or any other tweedy yarn F
- One pair size 4(US #6) - 5(US #8) knitting needles
- large crochet hook.
Size: 7” wide (measured on the diagonal) by 59” long.
For the diagonals work as foll:
At beg of every 2nd row k2tog after edge st and at the end of every 2nd row make 1 knitwise tbl before edge st.
NOTE: These inc and dec form the diagonal shaping of scarf.
Rows 1, 2, 5: k
Row 3: k1, yo (winding yarn around needle) rep from across.
Row 4: k1, slide off the needle yo rep from across.
With A, CO 29 sts and work in diagonal garter st with stripes in colors as foll:
Rows 1-11: black A
Rows 12-13: fur D
Rows 14-24: white B
Rows 25-26: textured E
Rows 27-31: lace patt with textured C
Rows 32-33: textured E
Rows 34-44: white B
Rows 45-46: textured F
TIP: For better look, cut off yarn each time when changing color, leaving 21/2-3” tails which are to be hidden
inside the fringes.
Rep rows 1-46 for striped pattern 5 more times, then • work in garter st 11 rows more with black A.
BO all sts.
Follow this tutorial for making fringe. Knot fringes in each position on both sides where yarn tails were left as foll: cut 6” of 5-6 different yarn treads. Fold them in half, bring loop through garment, then loose treads through loop, picking up yarn tails. Pull up firmly.
sts - stitch(es)
p - purl
yo - yarn over
dec – decrease
inc – increase (ing)
foll - follow(s)
beg - beginning
rep - repeat
BO - bind off
CO - cast on
Wwm - when work measures
2tog – knit 2 sts together
tbl - though back of loop
patt - pattern
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More