We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This beginner knit cable pattern is great for knitters who don't like working with cable needles. You can easily work up this Knit Scarflette in a lazy weekend and have something fun and fashionable to wear all year long. Made with a baby cable pattern, this mini scarflette is made by knitting 2 stitches together, rather than using a cable needle.
You can find this project, and many more just like it, in our new free eBook, 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners!
- Pair of 10 or 11 sized needles
- Yarn (I used Red Heart Gold yarn. It wasn’t a full skein, so you can easily make this with leftover yarn)
- Large Button
- Tapestry Needle
- Cast on 42 stitches. If you want it to be larger or smaller, cast on in multiples of 4 stitches, plus 2 extra stitches at the end.
- Row 1: Knit 2, *Pearl 2, Knit 2; repeat from * to end of row.
- Row 2: Pearl 2, *Knit 2, Pearl 2; repeat from * to end of row.
- Row 3: As row 1.
- Row 4: Pearl 2, *Knit 2 stitches together, leaving on needles. Insert your right needle between the two stitches you just knitted together and knit the first stitch on the left needle again. Then drop both stitches off needle. Pearl 2; repeat from * to end of row.
- Repeat Rows 1-4 until your scarflette is about 31 inches long. Bind off.
- Sew your button on one corner of the right side of the work. I just used some extra yarn to attach the button.
- Braid or crochet a loop for the button. It should be about 5-6 inches long. Use a tapestry needle to weave it into the scarf, tying it securely on the wrong side of the work.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- T-shirt DIY Dog Toy
- Reversible Fabric DIY Headbands
- Pretty Bird DIY Birdhouses
- Denim Pockets DIY Organizer
- Snowball Fight Snowman Crafts
- Heart Stamped DIY Box
- Girls' Bolero Free Sewing Pattern
- Magnet Makeover Chalkboard Paint Ideas
- Last-Minute DIY Valentine
- Paper Box DIY Candle Holder