Cozy Knit Wristers
By: Cathy Payson from Red Heart Yarns
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Keep warm this winter with a colorful pair of Cozy Knit Wristers. Show someone you care this holiday season by knitting them their own warm wearables (they're perfect as handmade Christmas gifts for less). Choose a fun and festive yarn color and get to work on this knitting pattern that can be worn every year. The best DIY fashion comes from hard work and some serious knitting skills, so get started on this warm and fuzzy holiday knitting pattern today.
Red Heart® With Love™: 1 skein 1816 Waterlily.
Susan Bates® Knitting Needles: 5.5mm [US 9].
GAUGE: 24 sts = 4" (10 cm); 22 rows = 4" (10 cm) in ribbing. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needle to obtain the gauge.
(4 medium) Red Heart® With Love™, Art. E400 available in solid color 7 oz (198 g), 390 yd (357 m); multi-color 5 oz (141 g), 230 yd (211 m) skeins.
Finished Measurement: One size approximately 7” (18 cm) around when flat. Wrister will stretch to fit most women.
Wristers fit most women.
Cast on 38 sts. Knit 1 row. Work in ribbing as follows:
Row 1 (Right Side): K2, * p2, k2; repeat from * across.
Row 2: P2, * k2, p2; repeat from * across.
Repeat Rows 1 and 2 for ribbing until piece measures 2" (5 cm) end Row 2.
Divide for Thumb (Right Side): Keeping continuity of ribbing, work across first 26 sts, bind off next 2 sts, work to end.
Next Row: Work to bind-off, cast on 2 sts, work to end.
Work even in ribbing until piece measures 8" or desired length. Bind off all sts in ribbing loosely.
Work same as for Right Wrister EXCEPT work Divide For Thumb Row as follows: K10, bind off 2 sts, work to end.
Sew seams. Weave in ends.
ABBREVIATIONS: K = knit; mm = millimeters; P = purl; st(s) = stitch (es); * = repeat whatever follows the * as indicated;  = work directions in brackets the number of times specified.
If you'd like to see more holiday patterns, take a look at the new "Have a Red Heart Holiday: 20 Knit & Crochet Gifts and Decorating Ideas" eBook from Red Heart Yarns.
Find more craft projects and tutorials from Craft Company Red Heart Yarn.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns for Mittens
- Beginner Montgomery Fingerless Mitts
- Mittens for the Whole Family
- Chunky Mittens Knitting Pattern
- Boucle Mittens and Matching Beret
- Guest Knitting Pattern: Roman Holiday Fingerless Mittens
- Fingerless Cable Gloves
- Quick Adorable Fingerless Gloves
- Fingerless Gloves
- Easy Wrist Warmers
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Mummy Mason Jar Luminary
- 15 Easy Craft Ideas, Genius Tips and DIY Projects
- Horseshoe Slouchy Cable Hat
- Yarn Wrapped Bangle
- Always Kiss Me At Midnight Cowl
- Foil Monogram Notebook
- Kindle Cover
- All Seasons Placemats
- Mini Mini Bow Toddler Tank Top
- HOW Hack Fab Fruit Bowl