Fingerless Cable Gloves
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This easy knitting pattern creates a pair of fingerless gloves with a lovely cable running down the length. These fingerless gloves or fingerless mittens make for a quick and easy knitting project.
- Caron International's Simply Soft (100% acrylic; 6 oz/170 g, 315 yds/288 m skein):
- Shown in #9722 Plum Wine
- One pair each size US 6 and 7 (4 and 4.5 mm)
- Yarn needle
- Cable needle (cn)
- Stitch markers
- Stitch holders
Size: Woman's Medium/Large, Glove measures approximately 4" wide by 14" long
Gauge: In Stockinette st, 18 sts and 22 rows = 4"/10 cm, using larger needles
C4B: Slip 2 sts to cn, hold to back, k2, k2 from cn.
C4F: Slip 2 sts to cn, hold to front, k2, k2 from cn.
k1-f/b: Knit next st through the front loop, then through the back loop to increase 1 st.
Stockinette stitch (St st): Knit on RS, purl on WS
1X1 rib (multiple of 2 sts)
Row 1 (RS): * K1, p1; rep from * across.
Row 2: Knit the knit sts and purl the purl sts as they face you.
Repeat Row 2 for 1X1 rib.
Cable/Moss Stitch (Panel of 22 sts)
Row 1 (RS): [K1, p1] 4 times, pm; k6; pm, [p1, k1] 4 times.
Row 2 and all WS rows: Knit the knit sts and purl the purl sts as they face you.
Row 3: [P1, k1] 3 times, p2; C4F, k2; p2, [k1, p1] 3 times.
Row 5: [K1, p1] 4 times; k2, C4B; [p1, k1] 4 times.
Row 6: Repeat Row 2.
Repeat Rows 3 – 6 for Cable/Moss st.
- To cast on loosely: Cast on with larger needles, then change to smaller needles for working rib.
- Place a marker (pm), each side of 6-st Cable, and between Cable/Moss panel and St st.
Beginning at upper edge, using smaller needles, loosely CO 44 sts. (RS) Begin 1 x 1 rib; work even for 10 rows, end WS row.
Change to larger needles.
Establish Pattern: (RS) Work Row 1 of Cable/Moss st across 22 sts, pm; change to St st, work to end. Continue as established, work Rows 2 – 6 of Cable/Moss st once, then repeat Rows 3 – 6, and keep remaining sts in St st; work even until piece measures 10" from beginning, end with a RS row.
Shape Palm: (WS) Dec 4 sts evenly across St st panel; work to end—40 sts remain; 22 in Cable/Moss, 18 in St st.
Change to smaller needles.
Establish Thumb Gusset: (RS) Work across to marker; [k1-f/b] twice; pm, work to end in St st—42 sts; 4 sts in St st for Thumb Gusset between markers.
(WS) * Work 1 row even.
(RS) Work across to marker; k1-f/b in st after marker, knit across to last 2 sts before second marker, k1-f/b, k1; work to end—6 sts between Thumb Gusset markers.
Repeat from * 4 times, end with a RS row—14 sts between markers.
Thumb: (WS) Work across to marker, place sts of St st panel on holder; work 14 sts of Thumb Gusset, turn; leave remaining 22 sts unworked (place on holder, if desired).
(RS) Working on 14 sts of Thumb only, work even for 4 rows in St st. Change to 1 x 1 rib; work even for 4 rows. Bind off all Thumb sts loosely in rib. Fasten off yarn.
Hand: With WS facing, using smaller needles, place St st panel from holder on needle; cast on 2 sts (under Thumb Gusset); work across 22 sts of Cable/Moss panel.
(RS) Continue in Pattern as established; work even for 4 rows, end with a WS row.
(RS) Change to 1 x 1 rib; work even for 4 rows.
Bind off all sts loosely in rib.
Using smaller needles, loosely CO 44 sts. (RS) Begin 1 x 1 rib; work even for 10 rows, end WS row.
Change to larger needles.
Establish Pattern: (RS) Work 22 sts in St st, pm; change to Cable/Moss st, work Row 1 across remaining 22 sts. Continue as for Right Glove, reversing shaping by beginning Thumb Gusset 2 sts before the marker separating the panels.
FINISHING: Sew side seams. Weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 10 Free Knitting Patterns for Mittens
- Beginner Montgomery Fingerless Mitts
- Mittens for the Whole Family
- Boucle Mittens and Matching Beret
- Easy Wrist Warmers
- Chunky Mittens Knitting Pattern
- Quick Adorable Fingerless Gloves
- Roman Holiday Fingerless Mittens
- Fingerless Cable Gloves
- Wrist Warmers Knitting Pattern
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Washed Ashore Crochet Handbag
- Flip Flop Crochet Slippers
- Nautical DIY Organizer
- DIY Cranberry Coconut Oil
- Rubber Band Ball Gift
- Minion DIY Pillowcase
- Sequin Pillowcase Dress Pattern
- Ninja Turtles Pillowcase Pattern
- Watermelon Baby Blanket Pattern
- Silk Snuggles Baby Quilt