11 Free Knitting Patterns for Mittens
By: Caley Walsh, Editor, FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Prepare for cold winter months with these 10 Free Knitting Patterns for Mittens. Mittens are actually warmer than gloves and are much easier to knit. If you're looking for an easy mitten knitting pattern or want to try something more difficult, you'll surely find a pattern that fits your need.
In addition to traditional beginner knitting patterns for mittens, you'll find plenty of fingerless mittens and loom knitting patterns. Make one of each and save them to give as gifts during the holiday season - it's a great way to show you care.
A warm pair of mittens always comes in handy during the cold winter months, and free knitting patterns for mittens are certainly the best option for keeping you comfortable. If you're looking for a more open style, considering making and wearing fingerless mittens - you can keep your plams warm but still do common tasks like answering the phone.
11 Free Knitting Patterns for Mittens
Table of Contents
Once you start working on one of these easy mitten knitting pattern, you might not want to stop. Luckily, there are so many great simple knitting patterns to fall in love with. Learn how to make socks, onesies and even an afghan with our free downloadable eBook, 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns. Be sure to print and save this PDF - it's a great resource for free knitting patterns.
If you are new to knitting, start off with fingerless mittens. Fingerless mittens are easier to knit and they are useful for working at the computer or other tasks requiring your fingers. They are surprisingly warm for not covering your fingers! Check out these free knitting patterns for mittens.
- Roman Holiday Fingerless Mittens Knitting Pattern: These fingerless mitts are a good beginner project with an easy to remember pattern stitch. They work up quickly so they are a lovely idea for a last minute gift.
- Wrist Warmers Knitting Pattern: Fingerless wrist-warmers are a great way to keep warm when you want to show off your rings.
- Easy Fingerless Mitts: This beginner knitting pattern transitions easily from season to season. Fingerless gloves knitting patterns also turn into great gifts during the holiday season.
If you would prefer a classic, closed mitten, we have many free knitting patterns for mittens of this style. Use your favorite color of yarn and you can easily create a matching hat and/or scarf. Many of our free knitting patterns for mittens pair with hat and scarf knitting patterns.
- Boucle Mittens and Matching Beret Knitting Pattern: Knit a pair of cozy boucle mittens with a matching slouchy beret with this free mitten knitting pattern.
- Chunky Mittens Knitting Pattern: Use double-pointed knitting needles and this free mittens knitting pattern to create a chunky pair of mittens with contrast stripe.
- Mittens for the Whole Family: Create mittens for everyone in your family with this easy pattern. You'll get instructions on how to make knit mittens for men, women, and children.
- Pretty Cable Mittens: Cables are a great addition to any free knitting pattern. This is a great asset during the cold winter months - your hands will look great and stay warm at the same time.
- Wicked Knit Mittens: Check out this free knitting pattern and tutorial that shows you how to make unique mittens with some serious 'tude.
Loom knitting is another option for knitting for own mittens. Loom knitting is fun and very fast. In addition, loom knitting can be easier on those with stiff fingers. These free knitting patterns for mittens are performed with the help of a loom or knitting board.
- Warm Wool Mittens Free Knitting Pattern: Enjoy free knitting patterns for mittens like these warm knitted wool mittens that are sure to keep your hands toasty all winter long.
- Fingerless Mittens Knitting Pattern: These knitted gloves offer lots of warmth for the hands and wrists with the fingers free. This glove is shaped to fit comfortably around each finger.
- Cable Hat, Scarf and Mittens Knitting Pattern: This beautiful free knitting pattern to make a matching hat, scarf and mittens involves smooth stockinette, ribs, and cables. Bulky wool makes it all very warm and cozy.
A winter wardrobe isn't complete without a warm and cozy scarf. This year, make your own knit scarf and wear it all around town. Discover the best simple knitting patterns for scarves with our collection of 59 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns. Learn how to make a traditional knit scarf or an infinity scarf. Be sure to rock your homemade scarf when you complete a mitten knitting pattern.
Let Us Know:
Should we add more fingerless mittens or traditional mitten patterns to this collection?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Free Knitting Patterns for Mittens
- Lettuce Green Arm Warmers
- Beginner Montgomery Fingerless Mitts
- Mittens for the Whole Family
- Chunky Mittens Knitting Pattern
- Boucle Mittens and Matching Beret
- Starburst Fingerless Gloves Knitting Pattern
- Fingerless Cable Gloves
- Quick Adorable Fingerless Gloves
- Wicked Knit Mittens
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts