9 Free Knitting Patterns for Mittens
By: Caley Walsh
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Prepare for cold winter months with these free knitting patterns for mittens. Mittens are actually warmer than gloves and are much easier to knit. Usually requiring only one or two balls, mittens are great practice for beginner knitters and inexpensive to make. For more ideas for cold weather knitting, check out 15 Free Knitting Patterns for Cold Weather.
If you are new to knitting, start off with fingerless mittens. Fingerless mittens are easier to knit and they are useful for working at the computer or other tasks requiring your fingers. They are surprisingly warm for not covering your fingers! Check out these fingerless free knitting patterns for mittens:
- Roman Holiday Fingerless Mittens Knitting Pattern: These fingerless mitts are a good beginner project with an easy to remember pattern stitch. They work up quickly so they are a lovely idea for a last minute gift.
- Wrist Warmers Knitting Pattern: Fingerless wrist-warmers are a great way to keep warm when you want to show off your rings.
- NEW! Cozy Watercolor Wristers: These wrist warmers will leave your fingers free to type, text, or write. They make great gifts for teens.
If you would prefer a classic, closed mitten, we have many free knitting patterns for mittens of this style. Use your favorite color of yarn and you can easily create a matching hat and/or scarf. Many of our free knitting patterns for mittens pair with hat and scarf knitting patterns.
- Boucle Mittens and Matching Beret Knitting Pattern: Knit a pair of cozy boucle mittens with a matching slouchy beret with this free mitten knitting pattern.
- Chunky Mittens Knitting Pattern: Use double-pointed knitting needles and this free mittens knitting pattern to create a chunky pair of mittens with contrast stripe.
- NEW! Mittens for the Whole Family: Create mittens for everyone in your family with this easy pattern. You'll get instructions on how to make knit mittens for men, women, and children.
Loom knitting is another option for knitting for own mittens. Loom knitting is fun and very fast. In addition, loom knitting can be easier on those with stiff fingers. These free knitting patterns for mittens are performed with the help of a loom or knitting board:
- Warm Wool Mittens Free Knitting Pattern: Enjoy free knitting patterns for mittens like these warm knitted wool mittens that are sure to keep your hands toasty all winter long.
- Fingerless Mittens Knitting Pattern: These knitted gloves offer lots of warmth for the hands and wrists with the fingers free. This glove is shaped to fit comfortably around each finger.
- Cable Hat, Scarf and Mittens Knitting Pattern: This beautiful free knitting pattern to make a matching hat, scarf and mittens involves smooth stockinette, ribs, and cables. Bulky wool makes it all very warm and cozy.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns for Mittens
- Beginner Montgomery Fingerless Mitts
- Mittens for the Whole Family
- Chunky Mittens Knitting Pattern
- Boucle Mittens and Matching Beret
- Guest Knitting Pattern: Roman Holiday Fingerless Mittens
- Fingerless Cable Gloves
- Quick Adorable Fingerless Gloves
- Fingerless Gloves
- Easy Wrist Warmers
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Mummy Mason Jar Luminary
- 15 Easy Craft Ideas, Genius Tips and DIY Projects
- Horseshoe Slouchy Cable Hat
- Yarn Wrapped Bangle
- Always Kiss Me At Midnight Cowl
- Foil Monogram Notebook
- Kindle Cover
- All Seasons Placemats
- Mini Mini Bow Toddler Tank Top
- HOW Hack Fab Fruit Bowl