Cozy Chunky Fingerless Gloves
By: Lisa Gonzalez
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Learn how to make fingerless gloves with Lisa Gonzalez's pattern for Cozy Chunky Fingerless Gloves. This fingerless glove knitting pattern is a great adult's or child's glove pattern for fall and winter.
- Chunky or Bulky Yarn (one skein or large ball should be more than enough)
- One set size 8 double pointed needles
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker
- Stitch holder
CO 24 evenly on three DPNs. Use stitch marker to mark first st of each round.
Work in P1, K1 rib for 2 inches.
K for approx. 4 inches, although this is where you could customize per your subject's physiology or desires.
Next round, K6 and then place worked stitcheson stitch holder, to create thumb hole.
Continue to work rem stitches in the round for approx. 2 1/2 in.
Bind off loosely.
To finish thumb, work stitches on stitch holder and pick up another 6 sts at top of thumb hole and continue to work thumb for approx. 1 1/2 in.
Weave in all loose ends.
For the first few rows, knitting with these things is pretty cumbersome and clanky. Just keep moving forward, as you do when crocheting in the round. I don't know if there is any special fancy way to join, but I just CO and did the first round as I would if I was doing rows and when i got to the end, just kept going in the same direction with the DPNs. Additionally, in order to avoid a gap that naturally occurred when I always switched to the next DPN at the same place, I tried to work one or two more or less stitches before switching to the next DPN on each row, thereby randomly moving the space and achieving a more uniform stitch gauge all the way around.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Free Knitting Patterns for Mittens
- Beginner Montgomery Fingerless Mitts
- Mittens for the Whole Family
- Chunky Mittens Knitting Pattern
- Helix Fingerless Gloves Knitting Pattern
- Quick Adorable Fingerless Gloves
- Boucle Mittens and Matching Beret
- Easy Wrist Warmers
- Fingerless Cable Gloves
- Wicked Knit Mittens
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Mason Jar DIY Herb Garden Infographic
- Solar Robot Coloring Page
- Spring Flowers Adult Coloring Page
- Rusty the Robot Coloring Page
- Robot on the Beach Coloring Page
- Robot Love Coloring Page
- Patchwork Heart Coloring Page
- Illuminated Hearts DIY Mason Jar Light
- Valentine Teddy Bear Coloring Page
- Bubbly Hearts Coloring Page