Cozy Chunky Fingerless Gloves
By: Lisa Gonzalez
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Learn how to make fingerless gloves with Lisa Gonzalez's pattern for Cozy Chunky Fingerless Gloves. This fingerless glove knitting pattern is a great adult's or child's glove pattern for fall and winter.
- Chunky or Bulky Yarn (one skein or large ball should be more than enough)
- One set size 8 double pointed needles
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker
- Stitch holder
CO 24 evenly on three DPNs. Use stitch marker to mark first st of each round.
Work in P1, K1 rib for 2 inches.
K for approx. 4 inches, although this is where you could customize per your subject's physiology or desires.
Next round, K6 and then place worked stitcheson stitch holder, to create thumb hole.
Continue to work rem stitches in the round for approx. 2 1/2 in.
Bind off loosely.
To finish thumb, work stitches on stitch holder and pick up another 6 sts at top of thumb hole and continue to work thumb for approx. 1 1/2 in.
Weave in all loose ends.
For the first few rows, knitting with these things is pretty cumbersome and clanky. Just keep moving forward, as you do when crocheting in the round. I don't know if there is any special fancy way to join, but I just CO and did the first round as I would if I was doing rows and when i got to the end, just kept going in the same direction with the DPNs. Additionally, in order to avoid a gap that naturally occurred when I always switched to the next DPN at the same place, I tried to work one or two more or less stitches before switching to the next DPN on each row, thereby randomly moving the space and achieving a more uniform stitch gauge all the way around.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More