We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
If you're looking for a lightweight, fun, frilly, knitted poncho pattern, you'll find it in this Jazzy Poncho from Caron! This poncho is easy to make and can be worn with almost anything. Dress it down during the day and jazz it up at night!
- Caron International's Simply Soft Brites: 4 ply, Worsted Weight (100% acrylic; 6 oz/170g): 2 skeins # 9610 Grape
- Size US #13 or #15 knitting needles
- Size J crochet hook
- CO 33 (43) sts. Purl 1 row.
- Pattern (numbers 2-5): R1: K1, *K1-YO-K3-Sl 1-K2tog-PSSO-K3-YO* end K2.
- Rows 2-4-6: Purl.
- R3: K1* K2-YO-K2-Sl 1-K2tog-PSSO-K2-YO-K1* end K3 instead of K1.
- R5: K1-K2tog* YO-K1-YO-K1-Sl1-K2tog-PSSO-K1-YO-K1-YO-Sl 1-K2tog-PSSO* end YO-K1-YO- K2tog-K1. Added clarification for Row 5: rep from *, ending last rep [k1, yo] twice, k2tog, k1.
- The last time you repeat from the * instead of doing the sl 1, k2tog, psso after the [k1, yo] twice, you end with k2tog, k1. Therefore the last time through the repeat you only work 5 sts instead of 10 and then work the 5 ending stitches. This works out to 43 sts. For the last 10-st repeat of the pattern, there is no compensating increase (yo) after the double decrease (sl 1, k2tog, PSSO), so instead of working 'sl 1, k2tog, psso' (a double decrease, using 3 sts) you work 'k2tog' (a single decrease, using 2 sts), then knit the last st (which is actually an edge st throughout the Stitch pattern). This will keep the stitch count consistent on Row 5.
- Repeat rows 1-6 for 30”. Bind off loosely.
- Make 2 pieces.
- Lay pieces flat. Mark each piece according to diagram.
- Join and pin seams.
- Using crochet hook, SC in each loop decreasing in each “V” or seam. Join.
- Finish with Backward SC or Shell Stitch.
- Cut 10”-Use 3 strands.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid