Lacy Sweet Hearts Baby Blanket
By: Scarlet Taylor for Red Heart
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This lacy sweet hearts baby blanket from Red Heart is just as sweet as your baby. Use these easy knitting patterns to make your own in no time.
Blanket measures 36” x 36”.
- RED HEART® "Soft Yarn" 5 oz (140 g), 256 yd (234 m: 4 balls 6768 Pink. Or RED HEART® "Soft Baby Steps®" 5 oz (142 g), 256 yd (234 m): 4 balls 9700 Pink
- Circular knitting needles, 5mm [US 8] 29"
- Stitch markers (8)
- Yarn needle
GAUGE: 18 sts = 4"; 24 rows = 4" in St st. Heart
Motif – 25 sts = 6"; 35 rows = 5". CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
Note: Blanket is worked back and forth in rows. Circular needles are used to accommodate large number of sts.
Sk2p: Slip 1 st knitwise to right needle, knit next 2 sts together, pass the slip stitch over and off needle.
Ssk: Slip 2 sts knitwise one at a time to right needle, insert point of left needle into front of sts, and knit them together.
Seed Stitch (worked over an odd number of sts): Row 1 (Right Side): K1, *p1, k1; repeat from* across. Repeat Row 1 for Seed stitch pattern.
Cast on 161 sts.
Work in Seed st until piece measures 1½"—161 sts.
Work first 7 sts in Seed st as established, place marker, begin St st and knit across row to last 7 sts, place marker, work in Seed st as established to end.
Keeping first and last 7 sts in Seed st for side borders, work even in St st until piece measures 4½" from beginning, end by dec 4 sts evenly
across last wrong side row between markers–157 sts.
Next Row (right side): *Work first 7 sts in Seed st as established, work 11 sts in St st, place marker, [work Row 1 of Filigree Heart pattern from chart over next 25 sts, place marker, work 23 sts in St st, place marker] 2 times, work Row 1 of Filigree Heart pattern from chart over next 25 sts, place marker, work 11 sts in St st, work in Seed st as established across remaining 7 sts.
Work in pattern as established until Row 35 of chart has been completed.
Next Row (Wrong Side): Seed st 7 sts, purl across row to last 7 sts removing all but first and last markers, Seed st 7 sts.** Keeping first and last 7 sts in Seed st, and sts between markers in St st, work even for 6" more, end by working a wrong
Repeat from * to **, then keeping first and last 7 sts in Seed st, and sts between markers in St st, work even for 6", end wrong side row.
Repeat from * to ** once more, inc 4 sts evenly across last row between markers–161 sts.
Keeping first and last 7 sts in Seed st, and sts between markers in St st, work even for 3", end by working a wrong side row.
Work in Seed st for 1½", removing markers.
Weave in ends.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- 31 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- Modern Lovey Baby Afghan
- 19 Free Baby Afghan Patterns For Knitters
- Blue Knit Baby Blanket
- Baby Blue Blanket
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Amethyst DIY Jewelry Box Anthropologie Knockoff
- Retro Gumball Machine Craft
- Faux Fur DIY Wall Hangings
- Marquee Light DIY Desk Decor
- Blushing Peony DIY Christmas Ornaments
- Color Blocked DIY Christmas Trees
- Easy Beaded DIY Christmas Garland
- Julie Shawl Crochet Pattern
- DIY Fall Wreath
- DIY Halloween Spiders Tutorial