Lacy Sweet Hearts Baby Blanket
By: Scarlet Taylor for Red Heart
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This lacy sweet hearts baby blanket from Red Heart is just as sweet as your baby. Use these easy knitting patterns to make your own in no time.
Blanket measures 36” x 36”.
- RED HEART® "Soft Yarn" 5 oz (140 g), 256 yd (234 m: 4 balls 6768 Pink. Or RED HEART® "Soft Baby Steps®" 5 oz (142 g), 256 yd (234 m): 4 balls 9700 Pink
- Circular knitting needles, 5mm [US 8] 29"
- Stitch markers (8)
- Yarn needle
GAUGE: 18 sts = 4"; 24 rows = 4" in St st. Heart
Motif – 25 sts = 6"; 35 rows = 5". CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
Note: Blanket is worked back and forth in rows. Circular needles are used to accommodate large number of sts.
Sk2p: Slip 1 st knitwise to right needle, knit next 2 sts together, pass the slip stitch over and off needle.
Ssk: Slip 2 sts knitwise one at a time to right needle, insert point of left needle into front of sts, and knit them together.
Seed Stitch (worked over an odd number of sts): Row 1 (Right Side): K1, *p1, k1; repeat from* across. Repeat Row 1 for Seed stitch pattern.
Cast on 161 sts.
Work in Seed st until piece measures 1½"—161 sts.
Work first 7 sts in Seed st as established, place marker, begin St st and knit across row to last 7 sts, place marker, work in Seed st as established to end.
Keeping first and last 7 sts in Seed st for side borders, work even in St st until piece measures 4½" from beginning, end by dec 4 sts evenly
across last wrong side row between markers–157 sts.
Next Row (right side): *Work first 7 sts in Seed st as established, work 11 sts in St st, place marker, [work Row 1 of Filigree Heart pattern from chart over next 25 sts, place marker, work 23 sts in St st, place marker] 2 times, work Row 1 of Filigree Heart pattern from chart over next 25 sts, place marker, work 11 sts in St st, work in Seed st as established across remaining 7 sts.
Work in pattern as established until Row 35 of chart has been completed.
Next Row (Wrong Side): Seed st 7 sts, purl across row to last 7 sts removing all but first and last markers, Seed st 7 sts.** Keeping first and last 7 sts in Seed st, and sts between markers in St st, work even for 6" more, end by working a wrong
Repeat from * to **, then keeping first and last 7 sts in Seed st, and sts between markers in St st, work even for 6", end wrong side row.
Repeat from * to ** once more, inc 4 sts evenly across last row between markers–161 sts.
Keeping first and last 7 sts in Seed st, and sts between markers in St st, work even for 3", end by working a wrong side row.
Work in Seed st for 1½", removing markers.
Weave in ends.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- 31 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- 19 Free Baby Afghan Patterns For Knitters
- Modern Lovey Baby Afghan
- Lacy Violet Baby Blanket
- Blue Knit Baby Blanket
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Abstract Coloring Pages for Kids
- Spring Buggies Coloring Pages
- Elegant Rose Zentangle Coloring Page
- Zebra Zentangle Coloring Page
- Butterfly Zentangle Coloring Page
- Lion Zentangle Coloring Page
- Giraffe Zentangle Coloring Page
- Ladybug Zentangle Coloring Page
- Bald Eagle Zentangle Coloring Page
- Valentine Train Coloring Pages