Multicolored Diamond Blanket
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Depth and texture abound with this knit blanket that uses overlapping diamond details. It's the perfect cuddle buddy for your baby, from Bernat Yarns.
- Bernat® Cottontots (Solids: 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- MC: 5 balls (#90007 Sweet Cream)
- A: 2 balls (#90235 Country Green)
- B: 2 balls (#90105 Country Blue)
- C: 2 balls (#90012 Country Taupe)
- or Bernat® Cottontots (Ombres: 85 g / 3 oz)
- MC: 6 balls, A: 2 balls, B: 2 balls, C: 2 balls
- Circular Knitting Needle: size 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) 36 ins [90 cm] long or size needed to obtain gauge.
Approx 38 x 46 ins [96.5 x 117 cm].
20 sts and 26 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
Note: Slip all slipped sts purlwise.
With A, cast on 193 sts.
**1st row: (RS). With MC, K1. *Sl1. K9. Rep from * to last 2 sts. Sl1. K1.
2nd and alt rows: Knit all knit sts, and slip all slipped sts from previous row as follows: yf. Sl1. yb.
3rd row: With A, K3. *(Sl1. K1) 3 times. Sl1. K3. Rep from * to end of row.
5th row: With MC, K2. *Sl1. K7. Sl1. K1. Rep from * to last st. K1.
7th row: With A, K4. *(Sl1. K1) twice. Sl1. K5. Rep from * to last 9 sts. (Sl1. K1) twice. Sl1. K4.
9th row: With MC, (K1. Sl1) twice. *K5. (Sl1. K1) twice. Sl1. Rep from * to last 9 sts. K5. (Sl1. K1) twice.
11th row: With A, K5. *Sl1. K1. Sl1. K7. Rep from * to last 8 sts. Sl1. K1. Sl1. K5.
13th row: With MC, K1. (K1. Sl1) twice. *K3. (Sl1. K1) 3 times. Sl1. Rep from * to last 8 sts. K3. (Sl1. K1) twice. K1.
15th row: With A, K6. *Sl1. K9. Rep from * to last 7 sts. Sl1. K6.
17th row: With MC, as 13th row.
19th row: With A, as 11th row.
21st row: With MC, as 9th row.
23rd row: With A, as 7th row.
25th row: With MC, as 5th row.
27th row: With A, as 3rd row.
28th row: As 2nd row. Rep 1st to 28th rows substituting B for A. Rep 1st to 28th rows substituting C for A.**
Rep from ** to ** until work from beg measures approx 45 ins [114.5 cm], ending on a 28th row of pat. Cast off.
Top and Bottom Edging: With RS of work facing and MC, pick up and knit 176 sts across top or bottom edge.
Knit 2 rows. Cast off knitwise (WS).
Side Edging: With RS of work facing and MC, pick up and knit 218 sts along each side edge. Knit 2 rows. Cast off knitwise (WS).
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- 31 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
- 19 Free Baby Afghan Patterns For Knitters
- Modern Lovey Baby Afghan
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- Blue Knit Baby Blanket
- Staggered Square Knit Blanket
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Preparing Your DIY Quilt for Quilting
- Purple Beginner Shawl
- Recycled T-Shirt Quilt Pattern
- Shawl Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Stunning Leather Trimmed Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Knit Look Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Bean Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Plush Basketweave Baby Blanket Pattern
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook
- Amethyst DIY Jewelry Box Anthropologie Knockoff