Blue Knit Baby Blanket
By: Melissa Leedom, Guest Contributor
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Now you can create this beautiful free knitting pattern. It's a great baby blanket to keep that little one warm. You can use different color yarn to be sex appropriate.
- 4 sk Bernat CottonTots or other soft worsted weight yarn
- Size 8 knitting needles (or size to give you correct gauge)
- 8 sts and 12 rows = 2 inches in Basketweave pattern
Cast on 92 sts. Knit 8 rows.
Begin eyelet section:
Row 1: K4, *YO, K2tog, repeat from * across, to last 4 sts. YO, K4.
Row 2: K4, P across to last 4 sts, k4.
Row 3: K4, YO, ssk, K across to last 7 sts. K3tog, YO, K4.
Begin Basket-Weave Pattern (12 rows)
Row 1 (Wrong side): K4, P2, *K4, P4, repeat from * across to last 6 sts, P2, K4.
Row 2: (Right side): K4, YO, ssk, *K4, P4, repeat from * across to last 6 sts, K2tog, YO, K4.
Rows 3 & 5: Repeat Row 1.
Rows 4 & 6: Repeat Row 2.
Row 7: K4, P2, *P4, K4, repeat from * across to last 6 sts, P2, K4.
Row 8: K4, YO, SSK, *P4, K4, repeat from * across to last 6 sts, K2tog, YO, K4.
Rows 9 & 11: Repeat row 7.
Rows 10 & 12: Repeat row 8.
Repeat rows 1-12 until blanket measures approx. 35 inches, ending with row 12 (right side).
Ending eyelet section:
Row 1: K4, P across to last 4 sts, k4.
Row 2: K4, YO, ssk, *YO, K2tog, repeat from * across to last 7 sts. K2tog, YO, K4.
Row 3: K4, P across to last 4 sts, K4. Knit next 8 rows, bind off. Tuck in any loose ends, block if desired.
To make a bigger blanket, increase by multiples of 8 (knit 4, purl 4).
SSK should be done this way: Slip two stitches knitwise onto right needle. Insert left needle into the back of these stitches and complete stitch. This causes the decrease to point to the left.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 27 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
- Baby Blue Blanket
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- 19 Free Baby Afghan Patterns For Knitters
- Lacy Stitch Blanket
- Knit Ripple Blanket
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid