Cuddly Hooded Baby Blanket
By: Bobbi Anderson for Red Heart Yarn
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knit this adorable cuddly hooded baby blanket from Red Heart for that new baby to arrive. Free knitting patterns are fun to make when you're making them for someone small. This is an easy pattern you will enjoy.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
Blanket measures 28” x 28”.
- RED HEART® Ã¢â¬â¢"Buttercup™" 1.76 oz (50 g), 72 yd (66 m) balls: 5 balls 4276 Lt. Blue Multi.
- Knitting needles 9mm [US 13].
- Yarn needle
GAUGE: 10 sts = 4"; 14 rows = 4Ã¢â¬â in Garter st. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
Cast on 70 sts. Work in Garter st (k every row) until piece measures 28Ã¢â¬â from beginning, end by working a wrong side row. Bind off.
Cast on 3 sts.
Row 1: K1, k into front and back of next st, k1–4 sts.
Rows 2, 4, 6, and 8: Knit.
Row 3: K1, k into front and back of next 2 sts, k1–6 sts.
Row 5: K1, k into front and back of next st, k2, k into front and back of next st, k1–8 sts.
Row 7: K1, k into front and back of next st, knit to last two sts, k into front and back of next st, k1–10 sts.
Repeat Rows 7 and 8, 15 times–40 sts.
Bind off purlwise.
Whipstitch hood in place to corner of blanket.
Weave in yarn ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Lacy Stitch Blanket
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- 31 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 19 Free Baby Afghan Patterns For Knitters
- Baby Blue Blanket
- Lacy Violet Baby Blanket
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- Modern Lovey Baby Afghan
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- ubermatte Spray Paint
- Outdoor Candle Chandelier
- It's A Boy Light-Up Card
- Monogrammed China Plate
- DIY Felt Flowers
- Baby Octopus Crochet Applique
- Happy Thoughts Printable Coloring Page
- Gathered Waist Summer Dress Pattern
- Glass Pedestal Flower Holders
- DIY Pebble Coasters