Cuddly Hooded Baby Blanket
By: Bobbi Anderson for Red Heart Yarn
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knit this adorable cuddly hooded baby blanket from Red Heart for that new baby to arrive. Free knitting patterns are fun to make when you're making them for someone small. This is an easy pattern you will enjoy.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
Blanket measures 28” x 28”.
- RED HEART® Ã¢â¬â¢"Buttercup™" 1.76 oz (50 g), 72 yd (66 m) balls: 5 balls 4276 Lt. Blue Multi.
- Knitting needles 9mm [US 13].
- Yarn needle
GAUGE: 10 sts = 4"; 14 rows = 4Ã¢â¬â in Garter st. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
Cast on 70 sts. Work in Garter st (k every row) until piece measures 28Ã¢â¬â from beginning, end by working a wrong side row. Bind off.
Cast on 3 sts.
Row 1: K1, k into front and back of next st, k1–4 sts.
Rows 2, 4, 6, and 8: Knit.
Row 3: K1, k into front and back of next 2 sts, k1–6 sts.
Row 5: K1, k into front and back of next st, k2, k into front and back of next st, k1–8 sts.
Row 7: K1, k into front and back of next st, knit to last two sts, k into front and back of next st, k1–10 sts.
Repeat Rows 7 and 8, 15 times–40 sts.
Bind off purlwise.
Whipstitch hood in place to corner of blanket.
Weave in yarn ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- 31 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
- Modern Lovey Baby Afghan
- 19 Free Baby Afghan Patterns For Knitters
- Lacy Violet Baby Blanket
- Lacy Stitch Blanket
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- 12 Easter Egg Ideas & Easter Crafts for Adults
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Expression Fiber Arts
- Easy Printable Habit Tracker
- Printable Task Manager
- Printable Password Keeper
- Easy DIY Jewelry Stand
- Delightful Mother's Day Bookmarks
- Make Mom Smile Mother's Day Coupons
- Night Before Christmas Adult Coloring Page
- Carousel Horse DIY Costume
- Q-tip Rudolph Ornament