Cuddly Hooded Baby Blanket
By: Bobbi Anderson for Red Heart Yarn
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knit this adorable cuddly hooded baby blanket from Red Heart for that new baby to arrive. Free knitting patterns are fun to make when you're making them for someone small. This is an easy pattern you will enjoy.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
Blanket measures 28” x 28”.
- RED HEART® Ã¢â¬â¢"Buttercup™" 1.76 oz (50 g), 72 yd (66 m) balls: 5 balls 4276 Lt. Blue Multi.
- Knitting needles 9mm [US 13].
- Yarn needle
GAUGE: 10 sts = 4"; 14 rows = 4Ã¢â¬â in Garter st. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
Cast on 70 sts. Work in Garter st (k every row) until piece measures 28Ã¢â¬â from beginning, end by working a wrong side row. Bind off.
Cast on 3 sts.
Row 1: K1, k into front and back of next st, k1–4 sts.
Rows 2, 4, 6, and 8: Knit.
Row 3: K1, k into front and back of next 2 sts, k1–6 sts.
Row 5: K1, k into front and back of next st, k2, k into front and back of next st, k1–8 sts.
Row 7: K1, k into front and back of next st, knit to last two sts, k into front and back of next st, k1–10 sts.
Repeat Rows 7 and 8, 15 times–40 sts.
Bind off purlwise.
Whipstitch hood in place to corner of blanket.
Weave in yarn ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 27 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Modern Lovey Baby Afghan
- 19 Free Baby Afghan Patterns For Knitters
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- Knit Ripple Blanket
- Lacy Stitch Blanket
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More